+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour mill

Rumour mill

Should we pay any attention to rumours about a Fir Park return for Louis Moult?

Just be grateful there was no Fir Park return for Curtis Main!

The Record suggests we will sign 24 year old winger Justin Amaluzor.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...r-set-24366434

Confirmed.

Aside from the absolutely comical name, it does nothing to suggest we're aiming for the required level...not pressing the panic button yet but I have it to hand.

With a background of Braintree Town, Bognor Regis Town, Barnet and Maidstone he's got to be keen to make a mark with us.

So, another forward/winger who can no doubt “play anywhere across the front” from the @rse end of English football. Another Jermaine Hylton! I had hoped we had moved away from this type of signing but sadly not.

Thoroughly uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    So, another forward/winger who can no doubt “play anywhere across the front” from the @rse end of English football. Another Jermaine Hylton! I had hoped we had moved away from this type of signing but sadly not.

Thoroughly uninspiring.
    Can't disagree - when we've got the best part of 11/12 personnel to replace, I'd have expected this to be a fella that we brought in on the last day as a 'desperate' signing. Hoping I'm proved wrong and he turns out to be a rough diamond !

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Can't disagree - when we've got the best part of 11/12 personnel to replace, I'd have expected this to be a fella that we brought in on the last day as a 'desperate' signing. Hoping I'm proved wrong and he turns out to be a rough diamond !
    As someone pointed out on PienBovril, his record isn't dissimilar to that of Marvin Johnson when we signed him. And after a bit of time to settle, he did alright...

So there are indeed diamonds out there and I don't mind us searching for them - even if the nature of these punts is you need to put up with a few duds to find the gems.

But that's a completely different project to staffing the first XI here and now, and we're currently a million miles away from being ready there. We need (several) solid, experienced pros in by the start of the league season or we're favourites to go down.

Another one confirmed who I'd say falls into the 'punt' category but on a three-year deal!!!

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/...ns-motherwell/

I’m all for giving every player we sign support and the benefit of the doubt but I’m seriously concerned about the standard of player we are signing here. When you consider that we need to basically build an entire team the signings we have made so far are more or less a recycle of some of the guff we have been stung with in recent years - English lower league - then you have to ask questions about the manager and the scouting.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)