+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour mill

Burton have confirmed they've received "offers" from Moult... better be from Wrexham!

From the Daily Record...Motherwell after defender Shane Blaney from Sligo Rovers

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ngers-28598376

Shane Blaney set for Motherwell move
    Motherwell are set to sign Sligo Rovers defender Shane Blaney.

The 23-year-old will move to Fir Park in January on freedom of contract.

Blaney is well-known to Motherwell as he helped to kick them out of the Europa Conference League earlier this season.

Stevie Hammell made his move after he was made aware Blaney was keen to return to the British game.

Blaney came through the ranks at Finn Harps before he made a move to Doncaster.

He moved to Sligo in 2021 but told the club he was looking to explore his options at the end of his contract.

I’m not unhappy with the signing of Blaney and I hope he goes on to have a really good career and be an important player for Motherwell. However, I am concerned about his lack of experience given our need for a centre back who can organise our defence. I had hoped we would sign a player who can get the guys around him organised into a solid, reliable, defensive unit and I question if someone with just over 50 senior games, most of which are in the League of Ireland, is the guy to do that.
    I hope I underestimating him and/or we have a Tom Aldred type player lined up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gowboy View Post
    I’m not unhappy with the signing of Blaney and I hope he goes on to have a really good career and be an important player for Motherwell. However, I am concerned about his lack of experience given our need for a centre back who can organise our defence. I had hoped we would sign a player who can get the guys around him organised into a solid, reliable, defensive unit and I question if someone with just over 50 senior games, most of which are in the League of Ireland, is the guy to do that.
    I hope I underestimating him and/or we have a Tom Aldred type player lined up as well.
    That's the nail the head for me...SSJ, Lamie and Mugabi are not brilliant but they'd be passable second CBs beside an Aldred, Hartley, Newman, Teale etc character. Blaney may or may not be a good signing but he doesn't instantly strike me as the type of signing we need so urgently.

We've been linked with a January loan move for Birmingham City winger Jonathan Leko.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    We've been linked with a January loan move for Birmingham City winger Jonathan Leko.
    My bigger concern would be to get someone in that can put the ball in the opposition net on a regular basis. Next three games will IMO determine where we will be playing next season. No excuses can be made if we lose them we will be getting relegated for sure. Also think the appeal system for ordering offs is an absolute joke and this time of year. Livingston have appealed a second ordering off which means with no date set for the hearings both players are available to play against us in a six pointer on Monday

Not so...Pittman's hearing tomorrow and Holt's appeal rejected today. Quick work SFA!

Notice of Claim | Scott Pittman, player, Livingston FC
    Thursday 29 December 2022
    Player: Scott Pittman

Match: Livingston FC v St Mirren FC on Wednesday 28th December 2022

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Offence:A1 – Serious Foul Play

Claim: Wrongful Dismissal

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Friday 30th December 2022

Notice of Claim | Jason Holt, player, Livingston FC
    Wednesday 28 December 2022
    Player: Jason Holt

Match: Hibernian FC v Livingston FC on Saturday 24th December 2022

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Offence: A1 – Serious Foul Play

Claim: Wrongful Dismissal

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Thursday 29th December 2022

Outcome: Claim Dismissed. The original sanction is re-imposed with immediate effect. £500 fee forfeited, to be paid within 30 days.

Scott Burns reckons we're chasing 22 year old Riku Danzaki who's currently on loan to Australian A-League side Brisbane Roar from Consadole Sapporo.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...r-bid-28929646

Not convinced him and GMS are the priority areas...still time though.

According to Football Scotland we are chasing Blackburn Rovers' winger Dilan Markanday for a six month loan.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)