+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Germans hit 7 tonight- no messing about.

Germans hit 7 tonight- no messing about.

Germany’s emphatic 7-1 win over Latvia tonight , is going to make the rest of them sit up and take notice. I know it was only Latvia, but nevertheless, you can only beat what’s in front of you. The likes of Bayern consistently do well in Europe, and that reflects on the national team’s winning mentality. A stark contrast to the 3 British nations whose performances last weekend, left a lot to be desired. A lot.The Germans are always there, and these type of results will send out a strong message to all the others.
    The team that wins the Euros will have to beat Germany somewhere along the way. If they don’t , look no further than the men from the Bundesliga.

The Under 21s have given them the perfect incentive after winning their prize last night in a very good match to watch against Portugal.
    Great young referee from Georgia who stood for no nonsense but who also dealt with everything he had to with a very firm hand.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Germany’s emphatic 7-1 win over Latvia tonight , is going to make the rest of them sit up and take notice. I know it was only Latvia, but nevertheless, you can only beat what’s in front of you. The likes of Bayern consistently do well in Europe, and that reflects on the national team’s winning mentality. A stark contrast to the 3 British nations whose performances last weekend, left a lot to be desired. A lot.The Germans are always there, and these type of results will send out a strong message to all the others.
    The team that wins the Euros will have to beat Germany somewhere along the way. If they don’t , look no further than the men from the Bundesliga.
    Agreed Mal , but Latvia looked like a pub team no organisation or shape or heart for that matter the gungodahn goal destroyed them (2 ) , however as you say Germany are as always an efficient machine, and as you say if you do well in the competition you have to meet them at some point.

England’s defence will let us down at some point but I’m not sure the German defence can deal with grealish and Foden going the other way, for us this competition will def be about luck, providing Southgate picks the right players it will be about if luck stays with us and we don’t concede stupid goals , whoever we play will struggle to deal with us going the other way , providing the key players play of course.

The Germans reminded me of Man City really , it’s a hard game football if you don’t have the ball for most of the game and Latvia still tried to play football through them , there was only one winner just a matter of time and how many goals ?

I'll say it now to get the matter out of the way. England will NOT win the Euros with Southgate in charge. No chance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'll say it now to get the matter out of the way. England will NOT win the Euros with Southgate in charge. No chance.
    Could not agree more BT.

Roy Keane is with you BT. I'll be happy to get through the group stage, anything thereafter will be a bonus.

depends.....who's hand he shakes /grips.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)