+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annan and Stranraer Friendlies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Annan and Stranraer Friendlies

I feel our pre seasons have become a bit boring in terms of opposition but I will let us off this year considering what is going on. It would be nicer to see the club branching out and raising its profile elsewhere.

Yeh , don’t think we can travel too far out of the region due to the coronavirus restrictions etc.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Yeh , don’t think we can travel too far out of the region due to the coronavirus restrictions etc.
    Yes Johnny that's fair enough but like many other Queens fans I miss the Travel Club bus visits to English clubs for pre - season friendlies - sadly a distant memory now but some of the great days out following oor wee club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Yes Johnny that's fair enough but like many other Queens fans I miss the Travel Club bus visits to English clubs for pre - season friendlies - sadly a distant memory now but some of the great days out following oor wee club.

hay ftivano even if we took in a few ayrshire junior sides or lower league teams like auchenlech ,glenafton,,and say pollock,clydebank fae the glasgow area ,would be decent away freindlies to organise ,these clubs would give queens a better test than teams like annan and stranrear and co ,and a bit defferent for the fans to go see .

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post

Our season now starts far too early and most English clubs have hardly started pre season training whilst we’re playing in the league cup fixtures.

Away to East Fife as well now....

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5424

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Away to East Fife as well now....

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5424
    Once again, nothing will be learned or gained against this quality of opposition. Trialists will be most likely be signed having given a one off "great" display against these kind of teams. I would much rather see us signing players that have been seen to have shown decent displays against much tougher opposition than this. Sadly this has been, and most likely to continue being the case that pre season friendlies will be of more benefit to the opposing team than Queens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Once again, nothing will be learned or gained against this quality of opposition. Trialists will be most likely be signed having given a one off "great" display against these kind of teams. I would much rather see us signing players that have been seen to have shown decent displays against much tougher opposition than this. Sadly this has been, and most likely to continue being the case that pre season friendlies will be of more benefit to the opposing team than Queens.

here here bagapapa ,we need some high profile friendlies mixed with some lower teams ,during preseason we need to see how our team can opperate while constantly on the back foot v stern opposition we also want to see how we go forward against the so called poorer sides .

Personally speaking I don't think it make any difference who the opposition is for friendlies as they are nothing more than training sessions for players to gain match fitness where typically a great number of substitutes are made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)