+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team for 21/22

Team for 21/22

At the minute

Norman

RB - Tanner
    LB - Armer
    CB - Hayden
    CB - Feeney / McDonald

DM - Guy
    RM - Riley
    LM - Mellish (Beech will pick him, I wouldn't)

RW - Dickenson
    CF - Alessandra
    LW - Toure

Holdsworth's right, the front three look a bit weak. Dickenson was awful last season (you can maybe argue he wasn't fully fit), Alessandra is not a genuine centre-forward but more a number ten and Toure for most of the time looked woefully ineffective.

We also have players such as Devine and either McDonald or Feeney on the bench. Plus the likes of Charters & Dixon.

For me, now Farman, Zanzala and Anderton have buggered off I'd consider upping Bennett's contract offer, not only for his value in central defence but also as cover for Guy.

I'd be looking to sign three forwards (definitely a centre-forward) a young goalkeeper and cover at defensive midfield. So five players total.

I'm also hoping we flog Mellish.
    Last edited by Piglet_Phoenix; 08-06-2021 at 05:03 PM.

Let's revise it with the new signing.

Norman

Tanner
    Armer
    Hayden
    Feeney

Guy
    Riley
    Charters

Alessandra
    Abraham
    Toure

Subs
    McDonald
    Mellish
    Dickenson
    Dixon
    Bell
    Breeze?

I still haven't seen official word Bennett has departed?

There was talk of Bennett signing for Crewe but there’s nowt on their official site or messageboard.

Updated:

Norman

Tanner
    Armer
    Hayden
    Feeney

Guy
    Riley
    Charters

Clough
    Abraham
    Alessandra

Subs:
    Toure
    McDonald
    Mellish
    Dickenson
    Dixon
    Bell
    Breeze?

Don’t forget that Mellish knows where the bodies are buried and has photos of Beech shagging a unicorn, or a Smurf or summat.

Shagging a unicorn, dressed as a smurf.

(That's Beech dressed as the smurf, not the unicorn)

And I haven't forgotten, but I just can't bring myself to include him in the XI, I'm enjoying my time off from it too much.

Seriously, I can see a scenario where Clough has been signed to replace Furman and warms the bench while Mellish plays. And another where he replaces Guy who will be sold.

Clough's definitely a front three type player, not a defensive midfielder like Guy.

I think Whelan's more like the cover for Guy / Furman replacement.

Speaking of smurfs, are we allowed to talk about Neil McDonald's sacking on here these days?

Will someone explain?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)