+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Wagner ?

We are doomed. Really scraping the barrel now!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Would be mine either, nor my second choice, or third, or fourth, etc, etc........
    I can't believe he's even been considered. Who knows, he might be the best thing that ever happened to us, but with our infrastructure, I wouldn't give him good odds. Wilder was my choice, but I'd take Appleton over Wagner. I'd even take Lampard over him.

What a mess! Getting a side promoted with a negative goal difference really fills you with anticipation and excitement doesn't it. Disappointment hardly describes how I feel with this decision. What do you expect though from the inept individuals running this club.

To be fair, that Huddersfield side that got promoted was dismal in terms of player quality. Only Mooy has really gone on to be a top flight player.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    To be fair, that Huddersfield side that got promoted was dismal in terms of player quality. Only Mooy has really gone on to be a top flight player.
    He also had to do a massive clear out for the following season in the PL as the squad he took up wasn’t good enough. He moved on 18 players for little disclosed money, turned 3 of the previous seasons loans into permanent moves and also bought in 8 more players, 5 from English clubs and 3 from Europe.

Would he be top of my list, no, but he certainly did a great job at Huddersfield. I also liked him as a character whereas I have to say I can’t stand Wilder who I thought was the biggest moaner in the PL last season and was glad to see him out of the PL.

Beggars can’t be choosers and we ain’t in a great position but I don’t think he would be half as bad as some are saying. He fits the bill for the level that we are fishing in and he has experience at changing the team squad which is what we need to get on with ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    He also had to do a massive clear out for the following season in the PL as the squad he took up wasn’t good enough. He moved on 18 players for little disclosed money, turned 3 of the previous seasons loans into permanent moves and also bought in 8 more players, 5 from English clubs and 3 from Europe.

Would he be top of my list, no, but he certainly did a great job at Huddersfield. I also liked him as a character whereas I have to say I can’t stand Wilder who I thought was the biggest moaner in the PL last season and was glad to see him out of the PL.

Beggars can’t be choosers and we ain’t in a great position but I don’t think he would be half as bad as some are saying. He fits the bill for the level that we are fishing in and he has experience at changing the team squad which is what we need to get on with ASAP.
    Hope you’re right Yarmy! If as it looks he gets the job we have to get behind him, I do feel very deflated tho..

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Hope you’re right Yarmy! If as it looks he gets the job we have to get behind him, I do feel very deflated tho..
    Me too, I thought Wilder and Lampard were okay options and I'd have been satisfied with either. But I really don't get this one. His style of football at Huddersfield really wasn't great at all.

This is the Albion way I guess.

Seems like Lai pulled plug on Wilder due to his failings out with the Sheff Utd board last season. Also Lai unwilling to pay compensation to release Appleton from Lincoln. Hodgson turned us down. Lampard ... who knows ... expect his name was only thrown in to create media interest. So does seem like Wagner is the new favourite at least if you believe what’s written in the media.

As most on here have said many times, we will not move forward as a club until Lai moves on. Is it time to start a proper “Lai Out” movement with some form of organised protests - maybe use something symbolic like the Man Utd Green and Yellow Glazer Out scarves. We need to do something as I fear the club we all love is going down the plug hole .....

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Seems like Lai pulled plug on Wilder due to his failings out with the Sheff Utd board last season. Also Lai unwilling to pay compensation to release Appleton from Lincoln. Hodgson turned us down. Lampard ... who knows ... expect his name was only thrown in to create media interest. So does seem like Wagner is the new favourite at least if you believe what’s written in the media.

As most on here have said many times, we will not move forward as a club until Lai moves on. Is it time to start a proper “Lai Out” movement with some form of organised protests - maybe use something symbolic like the Man Utd Green and Yellow Glazer Out scarves. We need to do something as I fear the club we all love is going down the plug hole .....
    Spot on Barrera. We have to do something to get this man out of our club. He is an absolute disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post

FC Albion of West Bromwich - I'd support that. Sadly our fans don't seem to be the revolutionary type

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)