+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Wagner ?

West Bromwich Strollers, how about that? Might be more apt than we expect for our lot!

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    FC Albion of West Bromwich - I'd support that. Sadly our fans don't seem to be the revolutionary type

You have hit the nail on the head Phil! Our fans accept anything! Even if Zohore came back people would shrug their shoulders! Bit stupid in a way as that's why since Peace the club has been shafted time and time again!

I think the fans will make their feelings known pretty quickly first home game we will see it vented towards FOL and the board and should results not immediately be good towards the new manager as well, thinking about it why would any manager other than a desperate one want to come here with the clowns we have at the helm!

It would be fantastic to see thousands of fans holding up “FOL” signs and banners at matches.

I'm going to force myself to get over the initial concerns at his probable appointment and hope he can do for us what he did at Huddersfield, where he had far less talent to work with. I have been reading Huddersfield comments about Wagner and he appears to be their Megson! Let's hope he is given the chance to put a team together before the usual last minute rush on transfer deadline day. He is very good friends with Klopp so perhaps we could get a couple of tasty loan deals.

On the plus side Wagner has tasted both good and bad side's of management. He will learn from that. He got Huddersfield up against all odds and won a premier League manager of the month with basically a championship outfit.
    Schalke were a shambles of a club from top to bottom, worse than us.
    He has something to prove and that is a great incentive to a German.
    He is described as intelligent and charismatic and a great friend of Jürgen Klopp.
    Albion are going into unknown territory if we appoint him but Wagner isn't.
    I much prefer him to Appleton.
    I am quite excited if it happens, it's make or break for him and us.
    Fasten your seat belts, it could be a hell of a ride.... one way or another.😉

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    On the plus side Wagner has tasted both good and bad side's of management. He will learn from that. He got Huddersfield up against all odds and won a premier League manager of the month with basically a championship outfit.
    Schalke were a shambles of a club from top to bottom, worse than us.
    He has something to prove and that is a great incentive to a German.
    He is described as intelligent and charismatic and a great friend of Jürgen Klopp.
    Albion are going into unknown territory if we appoint him but Wagner isn't.
    I much prefer him to Appleton.
    I am quite excited if it happens, it's make or break for him and us.
    Fasten your seat belts, it could be a hell of a ride.... one way or another.😉

I actually agree and think he will be decent - far better than Appleton who no doubt Dowling wanted!

He will know better players and those from overseas and being friends with Klopp may help too!

I would have no problem with Wagner even though he is not my first choice. What I am troubled by is Lai’s actions.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    In the second half of the 2019–20 season, Schalke set a new club record of 16 league games without a win between 25 January and 27 June 2020.[24] The winless streak continued with an 0–8 defeat against Bayern Munich in the first match of the 2020–21 season.[25] After a 1–3 defeat against Werder Bremen, the 18th winless league match in a row, Wagner was sacked on 27 September 2020
    Seems a perfect fit!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Seems a perfect fit!
    Did you hit the wrong key - f is close to a t

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)