+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Booing taking the knee

Very well put HughieG.

We all know rascism is wrong, even the rascists who hide behind annonomity mostly but I am not going to preach to them. It won't work and will entrench him even further. He must change his own mindset the best we can do is make him think. Rascism is not just the preserve of the white man though and the fight against it must continue in other ways - this knee shiite has ran its course

The first to take the knee were American footballers during the national anthem as a protest against Trump and encouraged by the Marxist BLM movement and left wing democrats.People are fed up with pulling down of statues,a millionaire racing driver wearing a slave chain and all of today's whites including working class getting blamed for the slave trade.

The modern Woke mentality will not mention that Britain was not only the first major country to abolish slavery but used the Royal Navy to attack Zanzibar to stop the Arab slavers and to patrol round Africa to intercept slave ships.

The slaves in the West Indies were actually bought off the plantation owners and freed,the British taxpayer paid for this until recently but we working people who have never owned slaves are still condemned by the Woke brigade

Some people are just fed up with this political symbolism.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    The first to take the knee were American footballers during the national anthem as a protest against Trump and encouraged by the Marxist BLM movement and left wing democrats.People are fed up with pulling down of statues,a millionaire racing driver wearing a slave chain and all of today's whites including working class getting blamed for the slave trade.

The modern Woke mentality will not mention that Britain was not only the first major country to abolish slavery but used the Royal Navy to attack Zanzibar to stop the Arab slavers and to patrol round Africa to intercept slave ships.

The slaves in the West Indies were actually bought off the plantation owners and freed,the British taxpayer paid for this until recently but we working people who have never owned slaves are still condemned by the Woke brigade

Some people are just fed up with this political symbolism.
    The Barbery slave trade doesn't come up in conversation much does it?

So let me get this right. If you boo taking the knee then you are racist. Load of ****e.
    Well what does that make the Scotland squad/team that will not be taking the knee during the Euro's. Does it make their players racist.

It's a choice and in my eyes taking the knee
    is all about BLM. If it was about racism in general and racism in sport, then why didn't they take the knee for example after the England players were abused in Bulgaria a couple of years ago.

Another bad import from the USA like cancel culture and 'woke'

So how about going back to the Romans, the Ancient Greeks, the Mongols, the Incas, the Princes, and Royal families in India pre the British Raj, the native African leaders of stronger tribes who raided and captured the weaker tribes to sell them on to the slave traders and countless other deities throughout thousands of years of so-called civilization.

Last edited by Kal; 10-06-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Load of bollocks.

Hear me out cos I know what reaction I may get

Look...maybe it has run its course as an effective course of action, maybe some of those who support it are virtue signallers, some people are aginst taking the knee because they see it as just another sign of our inceasingly 'woke' society and yes, it emerged out of the Black Lives Matter protests which are discredited for many because of their origins n the BLM organisation (for me, the BLM protests were incredibly important and vital whereas the political organisation behind it is a shady one I wouldn't want to be anywhere near).

So, for various reasons, folk don't agree with the taking of the knee, and I get that. But the players have made a collective choice to keep the anti-racist agenda in the public eye so, as causes go, is that one that should be booed just because you disagree with it? For me, you have to question the motives of those booing. Oh, obviously, I didn't mention the main (imo) reason, which is a lot of the booers are just racist morons.

BUT...that last category of booers have some pretty powerful supporters-one in particular-and that has emboldened them.

Two incidents...Boris Johnson refused to condemn the actions of the fans who booed players taking the knee...BUT...he also called the suspension of an England cricket player for historical racist tweets excessive. So our PRIME MINISTER has said it's ok to boo players standing (or, rather, kneeling) up to racism but it's not ok to punish someone for posting racism. And please don't buy into the bullshit that the booing is because of the BLM movement's stance on defunding the Police, etc. The players are trying to make a statement about racism in the game and society, not about BLM and the people booing are, basically, saying they don't agree with an anti-racism gesture.

Maybe not all booers are racist but all racists would boo. Go figure.
    Couldn’t have said it better myself

It's alright the powers that be with England saying it's not political taking the knee even though it was political when it was started in the USA.
    What was Englands excuse when they played Germany in the 1930s and give the Hitler salute.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)