+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lai Rumoured To Have Blocked Wilder

Lai Rumoured To Have Blocked Wilder

Interesting if true but what the f uck does Lai know!!!

Joseph Masi
    @JosephMasi_Star
    ·
    9m
    It is my understanding Chris Wilder was the unanimous choice of Albion's board to be the club's next manager. But that decision was blocked by Guochuan Lai due to the strained relationship Wilder had with the owners at Sheffield United... #wba

If true, the board should resign en masse. Who knows, though?

I've been told by someone for a while now that it was as good as done with Wilder.

He was keen on the job, and the board wanted him.

I've also read Dowling had fought for Wilder, and the Chinese owners said no.

I also imagine Dowling has leaked this to the local press. To show that Wagner was not his first choice. Probably a get out clause if things hit the fan.

Looks like Lai wants a trouble free appointment. I can understand that if that’s the case, bit of a risk from his point of view.

Just proves what an imbecile he really is! Since when in the history of football has a yes man ever achieved anything!!

Just goes to prove that he hasn't got one iota of interest in us as a football club. All he's out to do is recoup his money. Fat chance of that as the idiot payed well over the odds in the first place. That's if he is still our owner. Who knows with this club these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Just goes to prove that he hasn't got one iota of interest in us as a football club. All he's out to do is recoup his money. Fat chance of that as the idiot payed well over the odds in the first place. That's if he is still our owner. Who knows with this club these days?

Well he paid around 200m ( 180m at the lowest ) and I bet he would be lucky to recoup 100m now so which move does he take considering the club would be worth circa 100m now in the championship

A - rape the club by pocketing the parachute money and sell Johnstone/Pereira for 40m and invest nothing and bring in loans to add to the squad.

B - plays a waiting game and hopes to get back up to the Premier on a shoestring then sells.

C - he could gamble and do an A and B

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Well he paid around 200m ( 180m at the lowest ) and I bet he would be lucky to recoup 100m now so which move does he take considering the club would be worth circa 100m now in the championship

A - rape the club by pocketing the parachute money and sell Johnstone/Pereira for 40m and invest nothing and bring in loans to add to the squad.

B - plays a waiting game and hopes to get back up to the Premier on a shoestring then sells.

C - he could gamble and do an A and B
    If you read Masi's E&S column, he says that we will have a very competitive budget next season. One of the best in the Championship. And Lai wants promotion to the Premiership as we'll be worth more to him, which makes sense. I'll be surprised if he takes anything out of the club in the short term, but who knows what will happen - we are at his mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    If you read Masi's E&S column, he says that we will have a very competitive budget next season. One of the best in the Championship. And Lai wants promotion to the Premiership as we'll be worth more to him, which makes sense. I'll be surprised if he takes anything out of the club in the short term, but who knows what will happen - we are at his mercy.
    But if this is the case, why then didn't he invest while we were actually in the Premier League? It would have made more sense. Doesn't add up to my way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    One way or another we will find out come the closure of the transfer window!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)