+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Euros, aka the 2020+1 Euros

Proper football instead of all the sterile stuff that gets served up.
    Two teams trying to win the game and trying to get forward instead of sideways and backwards all the time. Well controlled by an excellent team of officials who did all they could to let the game flow. There were 22 shots with 12 on target and just the one caution late on in the game. Some smashing goals and both teams shattered at the final whistle.
    More of this please!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Well controlled by an excellent team of officials who did all they could to let the game flow
    I've seen four of the seven games so far, and I've been generally impressed by the standard of officiating, much higher than we get in the Premier League, much less inclined to give soft free-kicks for falling down than our PL refs are.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I've seen four of the seven games so far, and I've been generally impressed by the standard of officiating, much higher than we get in the Premier League, much less inclined to give soft free-kicks for falling down than our PL refs are.
    I've thought the same sinkov, the refs just wave play on leaving the "aggrieved" player sat on his lonesome.

Turnips 0 Swedes 0, how times have changed. Well done Sweden

Brilliant display by Sweden who worked so hard to earn this draw and should have scored with the best chance of the match in the second half.
    Spain with 85% possession and could only muster 17 shots with 5 on target and, more importantly, 0 goals.

Sweden will be criticised by all and sundry, however, they played to their strengths and have a deserved point.

Finally the tournament favourites kick off against a not unfavoured Germany, clash of the titans. Portugal made hard work of Hungary despite the scoreline.

I didn't know the Germans did own goals, can't remember them giving us one.

Good match so far, the Germans fighting back.
    Last edited by kritichris; 15-06-2021 at 08:14 PM.

This not flagging for offside until something has happened is annoying, to me at least.

What a proper game of football this is though , the itv team of commentary have slagged teams off for having poor touches etc.
    For me it’s just a pleasure to watch two teams going forward and trying to play good football.

They think it's all over, it is now, Germany nul points

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)