+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Euros, aka the 2020+1 Euros

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    How can such a small country produce such a good footballing team?
    Geographics ?....have France Germany and the Netherlands....just over the border, rubs off on them.

How can such a small country produce such a good footballing team?
    It’s the infrastructure kiti they are very very organised and don’t just throw money At academy football and up wards.

I’ve been lucky enough to play in Germany for years and it astounded me when you see how disciplined and organised it is.

Coaches are proper coaches , the clubs have community transport ( mini buses ) that pick the kids up and drop off if parents can’t , parents sit / stand and watch ( quietyly) no shouting at him or officials .

From an early age they are encouraged to be confident with the ball and not to worry, they do drills and concentrate even from young ages , in our country they ve been up half the night lopping zombie heads off on PlayStation, the discipline is none existent, they go to school and goad teachers
    To hit them etc and dad and uncle John stand on the sidelines shouting snap him Johnny he’s weak ( wow that really happens ).

The above is from experience running junior and senior football ( I do/ did have some coaching badges but nothing in the way they have in Europe Germany Belgium etc.
    Football for them and their children is a different game I d estimate that they have between 5/6 year start on us before some of our kids realise what footballs about and that you need to apply yourself to progress , plus you have the added pressure in England that local clubs are watching weekly and just pick lads out of a team take them to the club in my case Leeds , Burnley , Blackburn etc and then discard them if they don’t quite cut the mustard.

We’re miles behind Europe they’re infrastructure is so much better for sport in general.
    Last edited by army88; 13-06-2021 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    It’s the infrastructure kiti they are very very organised and don’t just throw money At academy football and up wards.

I’ve been lucky enough to play in Germany for years and it astounded me when you see how disciplined and organised it is.

Coaches are proper coaches , the clubs have community transport ( mini buses ) that pick the kids up and drop off if parents can’t , parents sit / stand and watch ( quietyly) no shouting at him or officials .

From an early age they are encouraged to be confident with the ball and not to worry, they do drills and concentrate even from young ages , in our country they ve been up half the night lopping zombie heads off on PlayStation, the discipline is none existent, they go to school and goad teachers
    To hit them etc and dad and uncle John stand on the sidelines shouting snap him Johnny he’s weak ( wow that really happens ).

The above is from experience running junior and senior football ( I do/ did have some coaching badges but nothing in the way they have in Europe Germany Belgium etc.
    Football for them and their children is a different game I d estimate that they have between 5/6 year start on us before some of our kids realise what footballs about and that you need to apply yourself to progress , plus you have the added pressure in England that local clubs are watching weekly and just pick lads out of a team take them to the club in my case Leeds , Burnley , Blackburn etc and then discard them if they don’t quite cut the mustard.

We’re miles behind Europe they’re infrastructure is so much better for sport in general.
    Without logging into a serious social debate army88, I think what you are arguing is the Europeans have a "cultural intelligence" that we do not possess.

For many years I dragged my suitcase across Europe selling my wares whilst acquiring many friends and relationships along the way.
    The cultural difference is obvious and I think that is one of the main reasons Brexit was done. It's bit like the elephant in the room, we don't want to talk about it.

I still prefer the way us Brits go about our business though!

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

Good post army. It was exactly the same when I was playing in Germany over 40 years ago. We had won the World Cup just 7 years before I returned to Germany for a second time, however, the difference in the whole set up to England was incredible.
    Nothing has changed, in fact, looking at the 26 Tournaments that have been held since 1966 in the World Cup and European Championships we have not been in one final.

European Championships Winners: - Germany 3 (appeared in 6 finals): France 2 (appeared in 3 finals): Spain 2 (appeared in 3 finals): Czech Republic 1 (2 finals): Italy 1 (3 finals): Portugal 1 (2 finals): Netherlands 1: Denmark 1: Greece 1: the other losing finalists have been Yugoslavia: Soviet Union 2 and Belgium.

World Cup Winners:- Brazil 3 (appeared in 4 finals): Germany 3 (appeared in 6 finals): Argentina 2 (4 finals): Italy 2 (4 finals): France 2 (3 finals)and Spain 1: the other losing finalists have been Netherlands 3 and Croatia 1:

Austria via MKDons, come on you underdogs!

Not to be. 3-1 Austria win v MKD. Holland should have it easy in this group. Let's see how they go on against the Ukraine now.

This is a ding dong of a match, very entertaining. Both teams break quickly and the Dutch shoot on sight whereas the Ukrainians tend to overplay it and end up losing possession. End to end stuff though, don't know how it's 0-0.

This is a ding dong of a match, very entertaining. Both teams break quickly and the Dutch shoot on sight whereas the Ukrainians tend to overplay it and end up losing possession. End to end stuff though, don't know how it's 0-0.
    my first match watch....is lively enough, Neds with much too many floaty easily readable balls into the box....but they don't seem stressed, early days, they can only improve.

was worth the wait - top match, great enjoyment and no shortage of goals....only gripe, it didn't finish 3-3.

Great comeback and two excellent goals from the Ukraine but they were sloppy with the 3 they conceded.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)