+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bruno Lage confirmed

Bruno Lage confirmed

Our new manager, let's hope that Fosun have got it right with this appointment, he wouldn't have been my choice but then neither would Nuno four years ago.

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1082938754?-300:786

Well the deed is done and good luck to him. But I fear the worst.

On a parallel path the whole set up at the Molineux to me seems less and less like Wolverhampton Wanderers as the months go by. It is just another piece of the Premiership "package" that frankly I am rapidly loosing interest with. I can understand that a lot of people buy into it because they have never known any different. But for me the stink just gets worse, in fact I'm almost done with it!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Well the deed is done and good luck to him. But I fear the worst.

On a parallel path the whole set up at the Molineux to me seems less and less like Wolverhampton Wanderers as the months go by. It is just another piece of the Premiership "package" that frankly I am rapidly loosing interest with. I can understand that a lot of people buy into it because they have never known any different. But for me the stink just gets worse, in fact I'm almost done with it!
    It's all about the money isn't it Woody... in a way there's a lot to be said for the championship... but you get hooked on the idea of the Premier league... Although, if it wasn't all about money and concerns about entertaining a fickle TV audience in Asia then perhaps Nuno would still be manager looking to rebuild over the Summer, I think thats what the fans in the stadium would have wanted. I'll stick with my season ticket, for now its irresistible...
    Last edited by nortonwolf; 09-06-2021 at 05:48 PM.

It will be interesting to see how the new man is received if we loose our opening few matches. he has a reputation for bringing along young players, so MGW and Vitinha should get more chances. His brother who is coming with him also has a good reputation for working with youth teams.

I suppose a great deal will depend on his backroom staff. I think apart from Catho they all left with Nuno, although I would think the British staff in the medical department and academy wold have stayed on.

Well just about half the season gone and Bruno appears to be making a success of the job. We are playing some exciting football, youngsters are being given a chance, while Neves and Moutinho appear to have been re-energised. The defence has tightened up and we are on for a top ten or higher finish.

Woody 2nd June 21.

Sorry to bring this back up Woody. Have you changed your mind now?

Looks like it is going to be Lage doesn't it. Completely underwhelmed to be honest.

Agree, can't see Nuno at Everton or Palace really. I think he will end up back in Portugal or Spain maybe.
    Last edited by abbobrom; 26-01-2022 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Woody 2nd June 21.

Sorry to bring this back up Woody. Have you changed your mind now?

Looks like it is going to be Lage doesn't it. Completely underwhelmed to be honest.

Agree, can't see Nuno at Everton or Palace really. I think he will end up back in Portugal or Spain maybe.
    That's funny because I was only thinking about that post a few days ago. I'm only too happy to be proven wrong don't worry! It looks like he has gotten over teething problems very effectively and when we get our injured players back and add a couple more we will be in really good shape and hopefully take the next step up.

Good for him!!

Bruno has won Manager of the Month Award for January. Four wins out of four. Congratulations to him, lets hope it isn't a curse.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)