+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What youth players will break through next season?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    It's a promising list but I'm not seeing anyone on it that compares to the likes of Gauld Armstrong GMS or Russell. At least not yet.
    I have a feeling Mochrie could be one that might in due course.
    Would like to see Gauld back in Scotland and working his way into the national team. Didn’t see much of him but was the most exciting player in the build up to the semi final and expected massive things from him. He could make a return to tannidice and be a huge influence in the upcoming players at United

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    post of the week this daz
    Agree mate the only issue is our experienced pros cld end up being pawlett Reynolds Connelly mulgrew and butcher. Although of a certain standard non are inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    There is Fotheringham as well, Hutchison and Watson too.....the list goes on and on!!

Personally would be interested in seeing what happens with Mochrie, Freeman and Glass. Hoti may be more a part of it too.

Chalmers has something different about him. Kerr Smith looks ready to me. Neilson perhaps too. Meekison and Fotheringham both full of potential.

Other defenders are probably still a bit away yet I would assume although arguments for Graham based on a full season of playing.

Unpopular opinion, but I would try cash in on Appere if there are any suitors. Seems like a good lad, full of effort and endeavour but I don't think uses his size well enough, tends to hold onto the ball too long and doesn't seem to have a natural goal scoring instinct about him (would love to be proved wrong about this one!).
    forgot fotheringham too - good list get a few good pros in (as a few are going) and we get behind Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    The main thing about bringing any younger players into the team is that they are surrounded by experienced players or in a system that helps them. Putting one of the younger centre backs alongside Reynolds for example. Experienced pros to help them through.

Also that we don't rush them in too much and take them out if struggling. I'm all for young players being in the first team, we all love to see it but it needs to be done correctly and not just thrown together and hoping for the best. We've been down that road before and it didn't work out well.
    I'm sure our Academy staff are very well versed in knowing who and when and for how long Darren. That's what they do and what they're there for.

so for me these are our key 4: Smith, Glass, Meekison and Chalmers.

I think Neilson and Mochrie are 2 players that could end up in the EPL

I'm pretty sure I saw Kai Fotheringham wearing number 7 this week, wonder if that means they have big plans for him in the first team this season?

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw Kai Fotheringham wearing number 7 this week, wonder if that means they have big plans for him in the first team this season?
    he left footed? i know he is a forward but often a good opp for them to play out wide to start with

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    he left footed? i know he is a forward but often a good opp for them to play out wide to start with
    Not too sure, might be right footed. I remember last season v Brechin when he played, that he was wide left but came inside on his right foot a lot

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Not too sure, might be right footed. I remember last season v Brechin when he played, that he was wide left but came inside on his right foot a lot
    thats wasnt squad numbers they had on. he's right footed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)