+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New top

Since when did a strip become a top?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Oh, the continuation of last year's discussion. Strip, top, jersey, shirt, sark (Jersey and Sark.....aren't they part of some archipelago?)

Call it what you want, to me growing up it was a shirt or a top.

Buttery, rowie, roll?

We're all right and all wrong in equal measures.

But jerseys are knitted!

And the new shirts are nice

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    A strip is the hale jing bang. A top is just that, the top of the strip

And whatever we individually call it, just remember it could be worse and we could adopt another americanism and be saying "this group look great in their new uniforms"!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    There is no free top via the DNA….you pay for it as part of your funding to help Cormack out.
    You're not often right and you're wrong again - https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/06/24/cla...rdna-member-2/

There is no free top via the DNA….you pay for it as part of your funding to help Cormack out.
    I chose to give money to the Dons in lieu of a season ticket as I very seldom get to home games, being old and far away. A pleasant benefit of DNA is getting a top so, as I would be giving that money regardless, it is, to me, a freebie.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    You're not often right and you're wrong again - https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/06/24/cla...rdna-member-2/
    So let’s get this straight….you have to give them money through this DNA debacle and then they will give you a top? Explain how that is free?

For good measure and since I am feeling generous….if anyone would like to join the RED_JOHN FLEECE GULLIBLE PUNTERS CLUB (a membership where once you contribute £100…preferably in a one off payment) I will send you a FREE top. All money made from the club will go towards helping my lavish lifestyle. Don’t hold back folks….this is a great opportunity to get a FREE top.

For good measure and since I am feeling generous….if anyone would like to join the RED_JOHN FLEECE GULLIBLE PUNTERS CLUB (a membership where once you contribute £100…preferably in a one off payment) I will send you a FREE top. All money made from the club will go towards helping my lavish lifestyle. Don’t hold back folks….this is a great opportunity to get a FREE top.
    It’s technically not free, clearly. It’s part of the benefits that accrue via DNA Membership. Who’s taken money from the Dons though? Surely Mr Cormack has done the exact opposite!? Membership isn’t forced upon anyone, so each to their own. I last had a Dons strip around 40 years ago and I bough my children a strip when they were too young to know that they even supported Aberdeen, other than that the Strip means very little to me - it’s the contents that count!��

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast