+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roberts signs

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    There is talk they will accept defeat and payout jk deal to the tune of 18 mils so might be short in funds for new players.
    That's what reports say, and even if its contested the arbitration court only takes cases where "normal" avenues have been exhausted. Could be a long time in getting sorted.

What I don't get if he was supposedly our player like they claim how on earth did they let him go to another club I don't get that.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    There is talk they will accept defeat and payout jk deal to the tune of 18 mils so might be short in funds for new players.
    Will be interesting to see how that works, as they gave our asset away for free to another club? If we have to pay the fee?

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Will be interesting to see how that works, as they gave our asset away for free to another club? If we have to pay the fee?
    It's what was written in the contract and the timescales that applied that will determine the outcome, not what happened afterwards, that's irrelevant.

Tyler's extension ?
    Common financial sense planning depending on incoming players as if he goes out on loan and does well Leeds don't lose him on the cheap.

Bielsa can keep him as a squad player and will develop him further for sure.
    Any player not under a longer contract would have been worse case scenario financials wise.
    Not as bad as some on this board project - far more to come from him under MB.

JKA ?
    JKA plays down the road from me at Nantes and the signing was for two years.He was signed as a free agent with both RB Leipzig and Leeds providing written permission relinquishing any claim to Augustin's registration.He's currently played twice this season according to locals.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    And Leeds maintained he wasn't "our asset" as the condition for taking him on was never fulfilled, can't have it both ways (no matter how much Orta wishes we could!)

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Tyler's extension ?
    Common financial sense planning depending on incoming players as if he goes out on loan and does well Leeds don't lose him on the cheap.

Bielsa can keep him as a squad player and will develop him further for sure.
    Any player not under a longer contract would have been worse case scenario financials wise.
    Not as bad as some on this board project - far more to come from him under MB.

JKA ?
    JKA plays down the road from me at Nantes and the signing was for two years.He was signed as a free agent with both RB Leipzig and Leeds providing written permission relinquishing any claim to Augustin's registration.He's currently played twice this season according to locals.
    I'll believe we get "far more" from Roberts when I see it (and certainly NOT holding my breath).

As for JKA, apart from the diabolically stupid contractual clauses we agreed to, and the ridiculous amount we paid for him to do precisely nothing, who gives a flying f00k who he now plays for or how often? I doubt Orta will be held responsible for the debacle, and even if he was, the £18+m won't be coming out of his wadge, mores the pity.

Imagine being annoyed that we've extended the contract of a promising 22 year old who will be a good squad player to have as he can play 2 different positions.

Honestly, its ****ing pathetic. Back in PL, off back off a great season and all you lot do is ****ing whine about how **** Orta is and the fact we are keeping Roberts.

THIS is exactly why I stopped posting on this forum for so long, the ****ing negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Imagine being annoyed that we've extended the contract of a promising 22 year old who will be a good squad player to have as he can play 2 different positions.

Honestly, its ****ing pathetic. Back in PL, off back off a great season and all you lot do is ****ing whine about how **** Orta is and the fact we are keeping Roberts.

THIS is exactly why I stopped posting on this forum for so long, the ****ing negativity.
    Think Roberts did really well in the last few games and showed signs he was developing - agree with Joel he has a lot of promise but more importantly that is what Bielsa abs team must think.

He is also a very popular squad member too.

He has been very unfortunate with injuries at times when he looked to be cementing a place when we were in the championship.

Good move by the club.

Having broken his duck with a goal in the Premiership hopefully he is more relaxed when opportunities arrive - I am prepared to give him a chance, I don't think he will be first choice to start but useful on the bench to come on as fresh legs. Hopefully, there's that word again. he proves his worth, he only turned 22 in January (I looked it up), so he still has a bit of time to up his game though this is probably the season to do it if he can.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)