+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roberts signs

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Imagine being annoyed that we've extended the contract of a promising 22 year old who will be a good squad player to have as he can play 2 different positions.

Honestly, its ****ing pathetic. Back in PL, off back off a great season and all you lot do is ****ing whine about how **** Orta is and the fact we are keeping Roberts.

THIS is exactly why I stopped posting on this forum for so long, the ****ing negativity.
    Joel, if we had extended the contract of a promising 22-year old I'd be delighted. As it is we have extended the contract of a 22-year old STRIKER who appeared 27 times for us in 20/21 and scored once and in total has appeared 78 times for Leeds and scored 8 times and in his whole career has appeared 137 times in all competitions and scored 19 times.

Those stats are NOT those of a "promising 22-year old". You say negativity, and that we (those with the nerve to sound notes of criticism), are "pathetic" because we don't simply "go with the flow" shut the f00k up and act like sheep. On what basis (evidence, stats such as those I have used, easy to get at, (if they exist of course, and aren't just wishful thinking)), do you conclude that Roberts "will be a good squad player" and that he can "play two different positions"?

If you care to argue a point, do so, that's what a forum is supposed to be about, differing opinions. What you and others seem to want is a mutual back-slapping club where we all look at the world through rose-coloured glasses and no criticism of any club action is permitted.

The coming season will make the last one look easy. Teams know us now, and won't be as easily overwhelmed. We don't have the luxury of carrying passengers, and both Costa and Roberts were just that last season, their joint contributions were negligible, particularly in the case of Roberts. There were many posts in match-day threads throughout the season that referred to both Roberts and Costa as not providing anywhere near the performances of the rest of the squad. In our first season back in the PL, is that the reaction (of the two players) you would expect, and why should we expect anything better next season (because Bielsa thinks so, he ISN'T God and can make mistakes)?

Improved a lot the last 10 games. More importantly, our team played well during that stretch. He was a factor during that run.

not everyone can be a star. Even great teams like Citeh have some pretty standard players. You have to have players willing to do the drudgery and tough work. Bamford is kind of the same way. They both work really hard.

it's also just good business. You have to have some depth in the squad and I'm guessing he was not expensive by prem standards.

I believe the reason they have extended his contract is because the are not sure if they have a diamond or a dud.

Sound strange, doesn't it?

Well first season he was with us, he was bought on potential as a striker and didn't get to play that position due to injury.

Second season he was caught between being a Striker and a number 10, but both Bamford and Hernandez kept him out if the starting 11, so he did not get much experience.

This season he was injured to start, kept out of the match 11 by Rodrigo and only really got a run of full games when Rodrigo was injured. Everyone could see he improved with every match he played?

Is he good enough, you would need to see him for a good season in the premiership. So next year is make or break. By extending his contract we should at least get a 1/2 decent transfer fee for him, if he falls short, if he succeeds we have tied down the player for a few more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I'll believe we get "far more" from Roberts when I see it (and certainly NOT holding my breath).

As for JKA, apart from the diabolically stupid contractual clauses we agreed to, and the ridiculous amount we paid for him to do precisely nothing, who gives a flying f00k who he now plays for or how often? I doubt Orta will be held responsible for the debacle, and even if he was, the £18+m won't be coming out of his wadge, mores the pity.

The JKA scenario which you threaded a view of within the post of Tyler Roberts actual have something in common - insurance cover over previous injuries before being signed.

I recall Bielsa stating upon arrival of JKA of there being a reason why the player was at Leeds unfit with huge potential.

Suspect "Asset protection" are words unfamiliar to many but Football clubs buy large amounts of insurance – to cover their stadium, spectators and players. Underwriters insure more than £1bn of football related cover in the UK alone I'm told.

Clubs can insure against the loss of multi-million pound transfer fees if a player is unable to play because of a career ending injury or illness. They can also buy insurance to pay salaries should a player suffer a temporary injury or illness.If a club has spent millions in the transfer market buying a player they want to protect their balance sheet.

Many cases go to Court to get payout settlements via insurance claims - so the JKA appearance situation pre-injury history before and whilst at Nantes is relevant to validate any possible claims.
    I know myself that insurance for my own health often requires costly validated detailed medical documents for visas,work & driving licences and Clarke Carlisle the footballer had horrendous insurance issues whilst playing due to his private medical issues which the PFA today still have many outstanding ex-player claims pending.

Being the daughter of a ex-Contracts lawyer & ex-Actuary they'd be surprised if the clubs lawyers didn't have cover up in place before the JKA loan arrival but that's not Ortas directive to be fair or his problem.

How companies are run is their affair but let's have all the fact out before critique would be my stance - not trying to across as a "know it all" just giving some knowledge told to me for all to consider.

Totty forget all this insurance as first he wasn't dead second he still plays. The fact you mention we brought in an unfit player on just potential with so much money at stake just blows anyone's mind away.
    Now we sign a player who has shown nothing on another potential move that he may improve is again mind-blowing.
    We have young ones busting their guts and don't get a look in and we play players in the hope they improve?
    The other thing is hostility in forums these are just people's views and their own beliefs which some may agree with and some don't so plz all be civil and respect all people's thoughts, not just yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    The JKA scenario which you threaded a view of within the post of Tyler Roberts actual have something in common - insurance cover over previous injuries before being signed.

I recall Bielsa stating upon arrival of JKA of there being a reason why the player was at Leeds unfit with huge potential.

Suspect "Asset protection" are words unfamiliar to many but Football clubs buy large amounts of insurance – to cover their stadium, spectators and players. Underwriters insure more than £1bn of football related cover in the UK alone I'm told.

Clubs can insure against the loss of multi-million pound transfer fees if a player is unable to play because of a career ending injury or illness. They can also buy insurance to pay salaries should a player suffer a temporary injury or illness.If a club has spent millions in the transfer market buying a player they want to protect their balance sheet.

Many cases go to Court to get payout settlements via insurance claims - so the JKA appearance situation pre-injury history before and whilst at Nantes is relevant to validate any possible claims.
    I know myself that insurance for my own health often requires costly validated detailed medical documents for visas,work & driving licences and Clarke Carlisle the footballer had horrendous insurance issues whilst playing due to his private medical issues which the PFA today still have many outstanding ex-player claims pending.

Being the daughter of a ex-Contracts lawyer & ex-Actuary they'd be surprised if the clubs lawyers didn't have cover up in place before the JKA loan arrival but that's not Ortas directive to be fair or his problem.

How companies are run is their affair but let's have all the fact out before critique would be my stance - not trying to across as a "know it all" just giving some knowledge told to me for all to consider.
    Without a doubt you are THE most patronising contributor to this forum, surpassing even your mother.

Why for an instant would you assume that "asset protection" would be unfamilar terminology. Public liability and professional indemnity cover will be VERY familiar to anyone in a service delivery capacity (including my old friend BB and his tour goods business). Closer to home and maybe more familiar to other sole traders amongst the ranks of the self-emplyed would be income protection insurance guarding against an inability to deliver said service.

You say "they'd be surprised if the clubs lawyers didn't have cover up in place before the JKA loan arrival but that's not Ortas directive to be fair or his problem.".

Err....... as DoF it is PRECISELY his and the Director of Finance responsibility to ensure that all such bases are covered before pen is put to paper

Been dealing with similar issues for nearly quarter if a century, so please desist from trying to teach grandma (or grandad), how to suck eggs, OK?

Back to the substance. Should Leeds try and use any post-Leeds injury scenario to bolster their defence the court if adjudication will, quite rightly, tell the club (politely) to stuff it up their ar5e as not germane to the conditions applying at the time Leeds entered into the "try before you buy" arrangement. We are now, and were then, on the hook for £18m, plus release fees and player wages. We entered into the agreements with eyes wide shut (apparently), and will suffer the consequences (well, the clubs finances will, Orta highly unlikely)

Sorry everyone but I'm not going to take that from WTF anymore !

Anyone who differs from his opinions offering a different perspective is shouted down,bullied or accused of trying to belittle him.

None of which I have done - this thread and others have become toxic by him when I've given genuine thought,knowledge into posts & threads.

I don't sit or attend Leeds games with idiots and quite honestly I'm not even sure that WTF understands how present Leeds supporters actually feel about the team particularly in Leeds.

Give Youth a chance WTF to express & share their feelings otherwise this Forums a dead duck - plenty of readers yet NO posters as we're all afraid to say "It's been a bloody fantastic season" end of.

Patronising am I ?
    You've got a problem mate.

Ding ding, round...............

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Ding ding, round...............
    Was just thinking that myself.

I'm always more than happy to have things explained and I've no real Scooby Doo when it comes to the financial and/or contractual side of football.

(Some might say I know about the same about the playing side).

(I'll probably ban them if they say that though).

It's not very civil in here, but as long as we stay the right side of the line?

Back to the thread title. I believe Roberts will stand a better chance of offering something, more so than Costa.
    However, I fear, the matchday threads will still end with, Roberts and Costa are both shyte.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)