Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
Imagine being annoyed that we've extended the contract of a promising 22 year old who will be a good squad player to have as he can play 2 different positions.

Honestly, its ****ing pathetic. Back in PL, off back off a great season and all you lot do is ****ing whine about how **** Orta is and the fact we are keeping Roberts.

THIS is exactly why I stopped posting on this forum for so long, the ****ing negativity.
Joel, if we had extended the contract of a promising 22-year old I'd be delighted. As it is we have extended the contract of a 22-year old STRIKER who appeared 27 times for us in 20/21 and scored once and in total has appeared 78 times for Leeds and scored 8 times and in his whole career has appeared 137 times in all competitions and scored 19 times.

Those stats are NOT those of a "promising 22-year old". You say negativity, and that we (those with the nerve to sound notes of criticism), are "pathetic" because we don't simply "go with the flow" shut the f00k up and act like sheep. On what basis (evidence, stats such as those I have used, easy to get at, (if they exist of course, and aren't just wishful thinking)), do you conclude that Roberts "will be a good squad player" and that he can "play two different positions"?

If you care to argue a point, do so, that's what a forum is supposed to be about, differing opinions. What you and others seem to want is a mutual back-slapping club where we all look at the world through rose-coloured glasses and no criticism of any club action is permitted.

The coming season will make the last one look easy. Teams know us now, and won't be as easily overwhelmed. We don't have the luxury of carrying passengers, and both Costa and Roberts were just that last season, their joint contributions were negligible, particularly in the case of Roberts. There were many posts in match-day threads throughout the season that referred to both Roberts and Costa as not providing anywhere near the performances of the rest of the squad. In our first season back in the PL, is that the reaction (of the two players) you would expect, and why should we expect anything better next season (because Bielsa thinks so, he ISN'T God and can make mistakes)?