+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking the knee

I agree. Im all for supporting the kick it out campaign but BLM no chance. Devide and rule

I know its Cricket but I see a cricketer has been banned for two matches and made to apologise for not taking The knee, will that apply in football and to Zaha????

Taking a knee is, as it should be, a personal choice. De Kock has explained about the directive to the South African Cricket Board, from above, just before the match, demanding that all SA players have to take the knee.

De Kock took umbrage at being ordered to take the knee. As a sportsman, he objected to political interference.

Given S.A. history, one could maybe understand the Government’s directive to Cricket SA for the pre-match intervention.

Until that is, people realise that De Kock, is of mixed-race, the most persecuted of all non-whites during Apartied, and since. Not back enough, or white enough, for the zealots on either side.

The world’s fcuked.

Spot on Exiled, I've always gone by the mantra of treat others as your equal and give more to the world than you take from it. Unfortunately division is everywhere and growing with tolerance of differences diminishing by the year.

Sickening isnt it.

I have to be honest, I had a bit of a chuckle at Alex Scott, i like the women, excellent footballer not so good at commentary but a down to earth girl whos done well. She was on that program 'Who do you think you are' going back hundreds of years in Jamaica, her family being mixed race, apparently if you were not black or not White, you were Named Sambo! I always wondered where that Name came from, it just took her by suprise but the biggest shock of all when the subject of when slavery came about, was her G,G,G,G Great grandfather was a certain Mr Coombs, He was Black and owned.....21 black slaves......her face was a picture, her jaw dropped, speechless. "This goes against everything I stand for" she said I felt for her as she cried but you know sometimes, if you don'y like or fear the answer well Don't ask the question. Let it lie people say but i am happy that this has come out, its not a White thing exclusively, its a historicle thing He Mr Coombs was once enslaved himself but chose to become a slave / Servent because it was better than having nothing, he eventually became free and successful, rich, big house, plantation etc it was a fascinating story, I learnt a lot, Alex has gained more of my respect but the moral of the story for me know is " shut up talking about it" and "stop playing the Victim" you cannot change history, just stop talking and get on with it....

Yep, me and she who must be obeyed (am I still allowed to say that or will a snowflake die of moral outrage on her behalf?) watched that TD and we both said much the same, its good that real history has awkward moments for all of us, which is what should be taught instead of pick a side and bury the rest. Real kudos to Alex Scott for the way she handled it, and more importantly for allowing it to be broadcast and remaining proud of her forebears regardless, a refreshing change in our current world view.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)