+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking the knee

Taking the knee

Lots of criticism of fans that boo the knee. Said they need educating etc and more or less branded as racist. Southgate's comments were cringeworthy along with talksport. I guess it depends why the boo. Some rasist will boo for that reason but many not. I'm not racist but I wouldn't take a knee for BLM. Pisses my off... people who actually educate themselves and research the agenda views and policies of BLM and totally disagree with it gets labelled.

If the stated aim is to stand against racism it's achieving the exact opposite and I don't see why it needs to carry on game after game with the BLM banner next to the score on the telly. Racism extends far beyond black people and the Kick It Out/Respect campaigns were already in place, some of what is spouted by BLM is itself vehemently racist. I think the players are pressured into it in the same way we are pressured into masks, if you don't do Woke then you're fair game for a pile on.

Booing is free speech and so is taking the knee, I don't agree with it but I'll fight for the right of expression.

Up to the individual, I suppose. I would not boo, nor would I take a knee or applaud it. Taking the knee means nothing to me, and yet people like me (white), would be its target group. BLM just alienates me.

Also, why do Sky put BLM (Political Group) in the top left corner of the screen during the 9th minute? Why not ‘RIP George’, or some other anti-racism message?

No, we should be judged on our efforts to eliminate racism and JAIL those most guilty of it. Not by prancing around in gimp masks, calling everyone racist. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
    Last edited by Exiledvillan; 10-06-2021 at 07:16 AM.

Not getting involved in the should they shouldnt they debate, what I will say is I would have been far more impressed if any stance taken in the UK would have been in response to someone like Dalian Atkinsons situation rather than someone in another country, end of.

First of all, I hope the two filth get what they deserved.
    On the knee thing, yes I understand the sentiment, respect the knee as it means equality or anti racism and these fans who need to be educated well, actually its the people who reacted to the Flloyd murder who have twisted it or hyjacked it for this new cause need educating. I am all for equality but use something different like Millwall fans and players, link arms and clap all players, simples. Using a known Marxist slogan is not only political its bordering on terrorism! Down with police, Goverments, black power etc. Its stirring up hate, I do not know whos behind it but if big nose thinks he can bully people into not booing or calling them racists, he is making a big mistake. Why did the press not focus on the 2 Romainian players who refused to take the knee, just How many Crioatian players will do the same!

BLM are very well funded, I think it's George Soros if my memory serves me well - one senior figure in BLM has bought a mansion, Nike donated millions and yet their store was looted by BLM protestors. I personally feel that taking the knee is being imposed in the sense that if you don't you are automatically branded racist - so much for freedom of expression.

Today I heard of a case of a law student who was investigated for saying that a woman was someone born with a vagina, when she was the one who was asked the question. A LAW faculty actually taking this to a formal investigation, thankfully she was cleared but her fellow students have ostracised her not out of fear but simply because of woke culture.

There should be no place for politics of any kind in football.

The FA and Premier League didn't allow the Poppy to be worn until very recently and that is about Peace and Remembrance.

Wilfred Zaha was the first footballer of person of colour to not kneel and I think it is very strange how people in this country protested about the treatment of George Flloyd in the USA.

The US cops are not the British police, thankfully... Although, as mentioned in this topic, there are evil people in the police force here too.

Did anyone see the founder of BLM buy 3m worth of propertys near Beverly Hills. Someone is taking the piss.

I think its very stupid and naive of Southgate to get involved in politics, he is on a loser here especially, labelling educated fans as ignorant or racist who need educating. I think the whole country would unite if they dropped it and made a new joint gesture the fans could applaud. I for one in era of being offended at any stereotyping or labbelling find it deeply offensive to support a Marxist political movement! Makes me wonder, what next
    Note# this now a battle "we will not back down" says Southgate, well, he will when he is sacked!

I see the Premier league bosses have decided on behalf of the players to continue taking the knee!
    I do not think this will go down well with Crowds back in the stadiums. When will the so called 'Bosses' understand Taking the knee is a political gesture supporting BLM. I still think players linking arms a applauding is far better and will get the fans 100% involved. Sorry to bring it up again but Im not sure whether my voice counts anymore, there seems to be an agenda regardless of your political views!

Thoughts..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)