+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Torquay Predictions

Because I've got other things to do on Saturday from 2pm onwards and really need this to be over in normal time, it's guaranteed to go to extra time and then penalties. Optimistically, we win 5-4 on penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Torquay have lost one game in the last 16
    This is going to be very tough
    Cant see us beating them there
    You really are a glass half-empty kind of person aren’t you. Great win last Saturday and you moaned like f**k about some real irrelevant stuff. Try seeing the positives - Torquay haven’t won in 4. We’ve lost 1 in ?? 8?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Torquay 0 - 9 Notts

Hat tricks for Wootton, Rodrigues and Slocombe
    No Ardleys gone..!
    We cant expect any games like that now..!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Because I've got other things to do on Saturday from 2pm onwards and really need this to be over in normal time, it's guaranteed to go to extra time and then penalties. Optimistically, we win 5-4 on penalties.
    Elite if you're having a BBQ we have an expert on this site who can condense an all night BBQ into less than 30 mins if you're interested.That includes breathing time for your wine.
    If it does go to extra time and pens then your problems are solved....!

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    You really are a glass half-empty kind of person aren’t you. Great win last Saturday and you moaned like f**k about some real irrelevant stuff. Try seeing the positives - Torquay haven’t won in 4. We’ve lost 1 in ?? 8?
    Im a realist
    Torquay are at home
    We have no support on the day they have the same kind of advantage we had last Saturday
    That makes this game, as I said…… tough

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Im a realist
    Torquay are at home
    We have no support on the day they have the same kind of advantage we had last Saturday
    That makes this game, as I said…… tough
    Nobody’s saying it’s not tough, it’s always going to be tough in this situation. But I can see our positive traits as well as the negative ones, makes life far more pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    No Ardleys gone..!
    We cant expect any games like that now..!
    Fear not Pedro's daily quota of Ardley references has once again been met. This is quite the streak he's got going on..... He was sacked on the 24th March, can someone who he hasn't ignored please remind him.

It's clearly the summer as we have more barbecue talk, seems quite a popular subject for a couple of Bruces on here. Never heard of an "all night BBQ" before, do they finish when the sun comes up?

As for Kelton, Durhampie goes very very quiet at roughly the same time as Kelton becomes vocal and of course both very negative pre and post game. Coincidence?#IPaddress

One possible thing in our favour on the atmosphere front is the local safety advisory group in Torquay seem particularly happy to wield their new powers. They are by all accounts extremely strict on the social distancing and rules stuff, and have said that masks must be worn at all times, which makes creating a racket a bit harder.

I make this game pretty much 50/50. Torquay are on a long unbeaten run but also, by all accounts, not playing very well. Two of their key attacking players, Nemane and Whitfield, are both injured, and the other, Wright, is coming back from injury and not certain to be able to start. I think Notts come into it in a better place in terms of form, rhythm and having people available. But Gary Johnson is a good manager at this level and will have them very organised - I think it’s probably going to be played in a pattern where we seem like the home team with lots of possession.

I think it’s a slightly kinder match up for us than Chesterfield as well. Of all the teams in the play-offs, Chesterfield’s physicality and strength on set pieces is probably what we struggle against the most, so to have come through that is positive.

2-1 Notts, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Elite if you're having a BBQ we have an expert on this site who can condense an all night BBQ into less than 30 mins if you're interested.That includes breathing time for your wine.
    If it does go to extra time and pens then your problems are solved....!
    Cheers Pedro, I never considered that. I might PM him and see if he can tell me how to do an express barbecue during half time. I realise doing it in 18 minutes is very challenging, but if anyone can do it in that time it has to be him.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast