+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Torquay Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    One possible thing in our favour on the atmosphere front is the local safety advisory group in Torquay seem particularly happy to wield their new powers. They are by all accounts extremely strict on the social distancing and rules stuff, and have said that masks must be worn at all times, which makes creating a racket a bit harder.

I make this game pretty much 50/50. Torquay are on a long unbeaten run but also, by all accounts, not playing very well. Two of their key attacking players, Nemane and Whitfield, are both injured, and the other, Wright, is coming back from injury and not certain to be able to start. I think Notts come into it in a better place in terms of form, rhythm and having people available. But Gary Johnson is a good manager at this level and will have them very organised - I think it’s probably going to be played in a pattern where we seem like the home team with lots of possession.

I think it’s a slightly kinder match up for us than Chesterfield as well. Of all the teams in the play-offs, Chesterfield’s physicality and strength on set pieces is probably what we struggle against the most, so to have come through that is positive.

2-1 Notts, I reckon.
    Agree with this Additionally, in terms of crowd, I watched highlights of their last home game. There were quite few groans on more than one occasion when things weren’t going there way. So the home support could work against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Cheers Pedro, I never considered that. I might PM him and see if he can tell me how to do an express barbecue during half time. I realise doing it in 18 minutes is very challenging, but if anyone can do it in that time it has to be him.
    I hear you have problems 'chewing' nowadays so I wouldn't recommend an express barbecue.

You know indigestion and all that is never fun

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Fear not Pedro's daily quota of Ardley references has once again been met. This is quite the streak he's got going on..... He was sacked on the 24th March, can someone who he hasn't ignored please remind him.
    Pedro is right tho, because regardless of what happens in the play offs, if we do not get promoted, there is only one person responsible for that, and that is Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Pedro is right tho, because regardless of what happens in the play offs, if we do not get promoted, there is only one person responsible for that, and that is Ardley
    So that will be 3 seasons in a row he is to blame everything that went wrong!

As long as you don't blame him for next season as well Davy if we aren't successful, that will be a stretch even for the most anti-NA Notts fan#noagenda

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    So that will be 3 seasons in a row he is to blame everything that went wrong!

As long as you don't blame him for next season as well Davy if we aren't successful, that will be a stretch even for the most anti-NA Notts fan#noagenda
    you know what - everything you said in that post is absolutely true

Torquay preview now up. All the usual stuff and a bit more . . .

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...off-semi-final

Torquay 1 Notts 3

Wootton 1 Enzio1 Job 1.

I really hope they get up this year because I think next year will be harder than a lot seem to think.

This squad is playing well but some will have moved on next season.

Quote “I make this game pretty much 50/50”

“I think it’s a slightly kinder match up for us than Chesterfield as well. Of all the teams in the play-offs, Chesterfield’s physicality and strength on set pieces is probably what we struggle against the most, so to have come through that is positive”

I very much agree with this.
    Chesterfield were a team of mostly giants and their strategy to pump it forward and use the long throw would have been Notts undoing before IB arrived. Their gamesmanship was very frustrating to watch so justice was served by the Notts victory.
    Torquay are quite similar to Notts and try to play football but I think Notts can edge it mainly because IB is tactically very shrewd and will have hatched a game plan. He nearly pulled it off a few weeks back. I trust IB and the mighty pies to go one better tomorrow.

Our brother Jake, hat, shades, head in a daze.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    you know what - everything you said in that post is absolutely true
    What's tw@tto on about now?.You do know he still thinks Ardley should be in charge..!
    Choooo choooo..!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast