+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Torquay Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Heart says Notts as we are more in form than Torquay plus there's a bit more pressure on them after narrowly missing out on promotion.

Head says Torquay at home and have been the most consistent team other than Sutton.

Therefore 1-1.....somebody to sneak it in ET......Gulp!
    Theyve lost one in 13 and are at home and we have no support there on the day. Some on here are thinking we will score 3 or 4……… crazy.
    We need to score twice to have any chance and even then it might go to extra time

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Lets talk about some of the things we do agree on then swale

I read some of your posts, Chesterfield deserved everything they got, they were constantly wasting time, and using delaying tactics , did not know is was a cumulative 22 minutes though
    The goal that won it for Notts came from a brilliant free kick from Rubens , and Ellis if you watch him, he starts from a neutral position ( probably why unmarked), then moves in, as the free kick comes in ( excellent )

I felt both chesterfield goals were poor from a Notts perspective, IB said the same , the first one of a silly push, it was a good goal , but i thought Rowe just got lucky, it went through a gap in the wall, and the power surprised Slocombe, their second although a good goal when it came to mandiville , should have never got into the area, Notts had several chances to tackle , or get the ball out, still IB said he was aware of that

Going forward Notts looked good, especially from set pieces ie corners, free kicks etc

Notts have a good record against Torquay, and a decent away record, that combined with Torquay have been weaker at home than away this season, they have been beaten a number of times on their own pitch by poor to mid teams, so Notts certainly have a chance

So fingers crossed, and hope we can get one step closer tomorrow, come on county
    Torquay 1 Notts County 2

Up front we look better
    The 22 minutes was sarcasm, not an accurate figure.

I bet it was close though

By the way, I didn't ask you to give it a rest because I disagreed with you, it was because we've all had enough of the goading of one poster and the ensuing nonsense.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-06-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Theyve lost one in 13 and are at home and we have no support there on the day. Some on here are thinking we will score 3 or 4……… crazy.
    We need to score twice to have any chance and even then it might go to extra time
    Don't think anyone has suggested it won't be a tough game bar Swales joke 9-0 prediciton*

If you read the score predictions again you will see most people are going for a one goal victory or a draw after 90 mins. Some 2 goals and the only 3 goal victory is in favour of Torquay.

None of that suggests crazy. It's a playoff semi final away from home, it should be difficult. I'm sure Hartlepool feel the same.

* unconfirmed if a joke or not

These are the most up to date form tables available so fingers and everything else crossed.

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...off-semi-final

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

* unconfirmed if a joke or not
    Definitely not a joke, honest

I was thinking more a 5-2 swale
    Something just stopped me from saying 6 nil once I saw your prediction
    We are however due to give Some team a good spanking sooner or later,so you could be right
    Get your money on folks

1-3

Think we will play miles better than against Chessie, although that was a professional job done. Players will be under pressure, but without the added pressure of being at home

#chooo chooo lol

Where’s the optimism and faith? It’s Torquay they are only in the same league as us. Let’s not put them on a pedestal. They had a wobble towards the end of the season getting four draws and missed out on automatic to Sutton after being leaders for a long time.

Of course they finished higher than us and it will be tough to beat them but we have nothing to fear. We can be more than a match for them and be better them on the day as well.

I’ve predicted us to have scored four after 120 minutes. I don’t think that’s crazy. I think it’s more than possible with how we set up. We scored three goals last Saturday in normal time. Likewise we scored three against Sutton. We’ve got plenty of goals in us even against the best this league has to offer.

I also predicted we would concede three as well by the end of extra time. It’s quite possible it could be a very open game, but in-spite of that I’m still predicting a narrow win by one goal.

Anyway not long to go before we know the outcome.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567