+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Torquay Predictions

Torquay Predictions

As we head speedily towards the weekend, a weekend that promises so much I thought I would start this particular topic. The excitement I have with this team and it’s coaching staff has me having sleepless nights, though that could also be due to the muggy nights.
    Anyway, Torquay! The bookies don’t appear to give us much hope. Maybe they know something I don’t. However, reasons to be optimistic are as follows. Undefeated against Torquay for a long time. Our recent form is way above anything they have achieved, though undefeated for a while. Having dipped on to a Torquay fans forum they know they need to be better than the last month or so. I also think us playing last week is a bit of an advantage as we keep that match sharpness, this for me gives us an edge for about 10 mins at the start of the game until they find their feet.

Anyway my prediction is a hard fought 2-1 Notts win. Notts dominate the first half, Rodders and Wooton bagging.

2-2. Maggies 5-4 on pens.

Gulls 1 - 3 Magpies (Ruben, Kyle, Eeeeenziooo)

0-2 Notts.
    Enzio double.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Gulls 1 - 3 Magpies (Ruben, Kyle, Eeeeenziooo)
    Gonna be a tight match, quite possibly decided by a defensive slip or a ref decision but I do believe we have enough to beat them. If we do beat them, put your money on a Notts victory in the final, whoever we play there.

Gulls 0-1 Notts.

Ellis.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Gonna be a tight match, quite possibly decided by a defensive slip or a ref decision but I do believe we have enough to beat them. If we do beat them, put your money on a Notts victory in the final, whoever we play there.

Gulls 0-1 Notts.

Ellis.
    Don't fancy us to be clinical enough despite having enough chances.

2-1 to Torquay

They drew all of their last 4 to drop from 1st to 2nd and miss out on auto. After being top from md October to March without a break, they've got to be feeling as though they've chucked it away and less confident than we are, but - and it is a big but - they have got exclusive crowd advantage. If there was a ground you could pick to play with no away fans however, Plainmoor must be fairly high up the list, it's not exactly Millwall is it.

We lost an FA Cup tie down there in 2005, but otherwise you have to go back to 1966 for the last league loss against them.

Maybe this will be our first ever penalty shoot out in the play offs. Rather a shoot out in the SF than the final if it was inevitable.

I daren't predict a win because I've been wrong too many times on these threads.

0-0 and 18-17 on pens to somebody.

Torquay 1-3 Notts

Rodders, Wootton, Miller

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    2-2. Maggies 5-4 on pens.
    My prediction too

Miller
    Rodrigues

Think this is going to be very tight but with goals. 2-2 full time. 3-2 aet - could be either way but head and heart say Notts aren’t finished yet so the winner from Miller sends us to Bristol. Wootton 2 more in regular 90 mins.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast