+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wagner not coming

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    Playing Devils Advocate. If as reported Wagner wants to stay close to his family on the continent, and if he has been interviewed, has he not been yanking our chain a bit and stringing the Club along ?
    “ all along “ FFS......he was third choice🤣

We’re like the fat, spotty lad at the school disco who rapidly working his way down the girls and the 16 stone “munter” with the speech impediment and bottle bottomed glasses is starting to look like the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    “ all along “ FFS......he was third choice��

We’re like the fat, spotty lad at the school disco who rapidly working his way down the girls and the 16 stone “munter” with the speech impediment and bottle bottomed glasses is starting to look like the only option.
    Well, beggars can’t be choosers, can they? Anyway, we’re not supposed to be beggars, are we? We just have a moron at the helm.

FOL

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Well, beggars can’t be choosers, can they? Anyway, we’re not supposed to be beggars, are we? We just have a moron at the helm.

FOL
    Personally I'm glad it's not Wagner, but it shouldn't never have got this far. They've created a bigger problem for themselves now in not appointing Wilder. Anyone coming knows they weren't first choice, and if it's not Appleton or Lampard, they'll, know they weren't even 2nd, 3rd or now 4th choice. Its appalling business management, they've really put themselves in this position, it's their own fault.

No idea who we should be looking at now, I'm not sure McInnes being an ex player is sufficient enough to make him worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by OWV View Post
    Personally I'm glad it's not Wagner, but it shouldn't never have got this far. They've created a bigger problem for themselves now in not appointing Wilder. Anyone coming knows they weren't first choice, and if it's not Appleton or Lampard, they'll, know they weren't even 2nd, 3rd or now 4th choice. Its appalling business management, they've really put themselves in this position, it's their own fault.

No idea who we should be looking at now, I'm not sure McInnes being an ex player is sufficient enough to make him worthy.
    Considering the job that Derek did captaining an average bunch of players to promotion in 2002 that’s a bit harsh.

His management record is actually very decent over a long period of time.

A very decent and stand up bloke as well.

I hope he gets it.

Very happy to see Wagner not get the job.

I don't understand the stuff defending his abysmal record at Schalke, stating that they are a basket case of a club. The whole point of him getting that job was to change that, and he failed miserably.

Please Albion get Wilder in before he gets snapped up by somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Very happy to see Wagner not get the job.

I don't understand the stuff defending his abysmal record at Schalke, stating that they are a basket case of a club. The whole point of him getting that job was to change that, and he failed miserably.

Please Albion get Wilder in before he gets snapped up by somebody else.
    The point being, Schalke sacked him 2 games into the season and that very season they finished with 16 points and 5 managers had a crack at the job. There's more than just a manager responsible for the performance of a club.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    The point being, Schalke sacked him 2 games into the season and that very season they finished with 16 points and 5 managers had a crack at the job. There's more than just a manager responsible for the performance of a club.
    Well said Matt. The Managers think they are the be all and end all of a club, as do the Press and football pundits. If we were to get Pep we wouldn’t be winning the Championship at a canter with the squad we have at the moment.

Yes the Manager is important and whoever comes in has an incredible job to do to change the majority of the squad, probably without a lot of money to do it.

Our club isn’t in a great place at the moment but how we go forward will not just be about the Manager. I would argue Big Sam got us a lot more difficult to beat. We also scored more goals and were a lot better footballing side than before he arrived.

However, he still didn’t get many points for us which is the bottom line. In fact he didn’t improve us at all in what really matters, that is league position.

Chaos all of our own making and Lai is the chief architect.
    Impotent board overruled by an uninterested leader.
    Some board members must be close to resigning I would have thought with the humiliation of it all.
    A stand out candidate dismissed out of hand by a dictator.
    Nuno …… Yes I know far bigger clubs will be favourite but I’d like to think that a least someone on our board has made a few calls.

Most newspaper reports on the subject can be taken with a barrow load of salt. It might be ‘right’ it might be boŁŁocks but I have just read that Frank Lampard is not interested in the job. If so can you really blame him (or anybody) for saying something like that? You are the ump****th choice for the job and the club is patently a complete and utter shambles. Nevertheless on that subject I have always quite fancied Lampard and he did go to a very good school. Happy days ! ��

Is this one of those threads where we lament our board's failure to appoint a new manager I didn't get the fuss over? If so I'm probably in the wrong place but I'll register my disgust anyway. Boooooooo........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)