+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crisis!

Crisis!

We are now in the middle of an unprecedented crisis regarding the appointment of a new manager. We've had the farcical situation whereby the board unanimously agreed to a candidate who wanted the job, only to be vetoed by an absentee owner. We've had another candidate using us to up the offer made by a foreign club. Various other managers flatly turning us down and who can blame them. What does that leave us with? Very little. Our chances of appointing a candidate of any standing are virtually nil.

Where we go from here, I haven't a clue, and nor does anyone else. Obviously, nobody with the necessary credentials is interested and who can blame them. The whole situation is utterly shambolic and not fitting to a club of our standing or history. We all know the problem, and that is the owner, but how do we surmount this problem? The future really does look bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    We are now in the middle of an unprecedented crisis regarding the appointment of a new manager. We've had the farcical situation whereby the board unanimously agreed to a candidate who wanted the job, only to be vetoed by an absentee owner. We've had another candidate using us to up the offer made by a foreign club. Various other managers flatly turning us down and who can blame them. What does that leave us with? Very little. Our chances of appointing a candidate of any standing are virtually nil.

Where we go from here, I haven't a clue, and nor does anyone else. Obviously, nobody with the necessary credentials is interested and who can blame them. The whole situation is utterly shambolic and not fitting to a club of our standing or history. We all know the problem, and that is the owner, but how do we surmount this problem? The future really does look bleak.

Protest like many other clubs as opposed to shrugging shoulders! That’s the only way!

The BBC reports that we have contacted Derek McInnes; the BBC, though, isn’t the reliable source that it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Protest like many other clubs as opposed to shrugging shoulders! That’s the only way!
    How can we protest though? The fixtures aren't even out yet for the coming season, so if we're not attending games, how do we do it? The problem is NOW. If I'm honest, none of the names being linked fill me with any confidence. Should we be looking abroad?

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    How can we protest though? The fixtures aren't even out yet for the coming season, so if we're not attending games, how do we do it? The problem is NOW. If I'm honest, none of the names being linked fill me with any confidence. Should we be looking abroad?
    The problem is its such a gamble going abroad. At least coaches in the lower leagues know the country, the language, the climate, the demands of a 46 games season.

I don't have a problem with giving a young manager who has done well at a lower level a chance with us. But no names jump out at me as to who that could be.

I agree with you 123, and as you say, no names jump out at you. It could be the only option available to us, to go abroad, albeit a risky one.
    Last edited by Leicesterbaggie; 11-06-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Ian Holloway may or may not have been seen at the training ground........

May not..... I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    The problem is its such a gamble going abroad. At least coaches in the lower leagues know the country, the language, the climate, the demands of a 46 games season.

I don't have a problem with giving a young manager who has done well at a lower level a chance with us. But no names jump out at me as to who that could be.

Too much of a gamble. One coach doing well is Simon Weaver at Harrogate Town with promotions. Let’s face it nobody big will come now ie Lampard etc due to any slur of what’s gone on. Derek M for me with Megson or Brunty to assist.

As I said in my original post, an unprecedented crisis! It really does look as if McInnes is our only option!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)