+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harper

Harper

I hope reports of Harper going are garbage - 500,000!!! I know we gave Field away but Harper too for peanuts!!!

There's decent potential in both Harper and Field even if it comes later like Roberts who went to Leeds!

As a club we throw money away on s hit players like Zohore, Gibbs, Kanu and Ivanovic and now give our players away! If that Norwich Buenda player went to the Vile for over 30 million surely Pereira must be worth more?

Complete joke the whole club!

I have never been convinced by Harper, looks lazy to me, outdated be one of those players that thinks he is better than he really is. To me, he looks like a League 1 or 2 player; could be that’s what we will need the season after next!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I hope reports of Harper going are garbage - 500,000!!! I know we gave Field away but Harper too for peanuts!!!

There's decent potential in both Harper and Field even if it comes later like Roberts who went to Leeds!

As a club we throw money away on s hit players like Zohore, Gibbs, Kanu and Ivanovic and now give our players away! If that Norwich Buenda player went to the Vile for over 30 million surely Pereira must be worth more?

Complete joke the whole club!
    I'm going to shock you here, I agree with you. Harper has ability and needs regular football at his age to develop. He's a little slower than I thought he'd be for his age and he can slow things down but he's a kid and he'll develop the latter part. I wouldn't be looking to let him go. That said, I don't think he's the answer right now. Another loan would do him the world of good, playing week in week out and then see if he's ready after that.

Leko went for a million and we should be asking for the same for Harper.

Does anyone the actual fee we got for Field?

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

I think it was £1.5m for Field after the loan.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

The transfer was accurately described as ‘sold for an undisclosed sum’.

Anything else I take with a pinch of salt. Almost every time a figure is mentioned it is usually a guess. Even if, on the odd occasion that the transfer fee quoted is accurate, it isn’t the full story - agents fees, as one’s etc.

Harper.... Lacking the mental drive and concentration. Crumbles under pressure
    Shame i did have high hopes for him but gradually faded.
    i'm not too upset he is going, thats providing we find a better replacement that is.

Sorry Al but there aren't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Sorry Al but there aren't good enough.

The main point being he's worth more than the reported 500,000 and I would pick Harper over Sawyers although that's not saying much!

Can the last one out turn the lights off

Harper is a nonentity of a player.

I won’t be crying myself to sleep over his departure.

I used to say the same about Adam Oliver and George Thorne........they flatter to deceive and never amount to anything.

Contrast that to when Bryan Robson and Remi Moses came in at 17-18......you knew immediately that they had the star quality and at the highest level.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)