+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crowds back at Sporting events

Crowds back at Sporting events

Watching the Rugby league on Sky. Castleford at home to Hull. 25 per cent of stadium capacity allowed in, away fans present, food stalls open selling drinks etc no food but you are allowed to bring your own to the ground.

Entry points all around the ground, no having to be in the ground hours beforehand, no set times for fans to attend they can even accommodate latecomers via a special designated entry point.

If they can do it, i cant see a reason why we cannot do the same this upcoming season at Dens

The hoops they are making fans jump through to attend the upcoming matches at Hampden in the Euros is well out of order compared to the the way they are doing things in England in the rugby league.

Its about time people started kicking up a fuss and questioning the way things are getting handled in Scotland, enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    Watching the Rugby league on Sky. Castleford at home to Hull. 25 per cent of stadium capacity allowed in, away fans present, food stalls open selling drinks etc no food but you are allowed to bring your own to the ground.

Entry points all around the ground, no having to be in the ground hours beforehand, no set times for fans to attend they can even accommodate latecomers via a special designated entry point.

If they can do it, i cant see a reason why we cannot do the same this upcoming season at Dens

The hoops they are making fans jump through to attend the upcoming matches at Hampden in the Euros is well out of order compared to the the way they are doing things in England in the rugby league.

Its about time people started kicking up a fuss and questioning the way things are getting handled in Scotland, enough is enough.
    Welcome aboard Von Ryan's express.....freedom bound.

More people shouting the better.

People power needs MSM support.Think the red tops will be right up for a people versus politicians campaign using football as their vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Welcome aboard Von Ryan's express.....freedom bound.

More people shouting the better.
    Count me in, civil disobedience it is.

What is the point of a vaccine? The covid one is meant to be prophylactic and stop the spread of covid. It is working and I don't think there is anyone who is disputing this. Why are we still acting as though the death rates that we saw at the start of this pandemic are going to return to this country. Kent variant, Indian variant are not killing people in anything like the numbers they were in populations like ours, that have successful vaccination programmes.

I think double jaggers should be allowed to do anything they want.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    What is the point of a vaccine? The covid one is meant to be prophylactic and stop the spread of covid. It is working and I don't think there is anyone who is disputing this. Why are we still acting as though the death rates that we saw at the start of this pandemic are going to return to this country. Kent variant, Indian variant are not killing people in anything like the numbers they were in populations like ours, that have successful vaccination programmes.

Everyone should be allowed to do anything they want as the vaccination programme will not prevent new variants of the Covid-19 virus being discovered and spreading throughout the world.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Everyone should be allowed to do anything they want as the vaccination programme will not prevent new variants of the Covid-19 virus being discovered and spreading throughout the world.
    My understanding is that the current new variants do not inflict the same delbilitating illness on a double jagger, that's why I'd restrict complete freedom to double jaggers.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post

The death and ICU rates at the height of the pandemic were what were being thrown at us as reason we needed to comply. The deaths have all but stopped and ICUs are pretty much free of Covid patients now so they're throwing case rates at us.

Unfortunately their definition of a case is a positive test whether the individual develops any illness or not whereas it should be any instance of illness caused by the virus.

Originally, if we had symptoms we were to get tested and self isolate if we were positive. I heard some SNP woman on TV yesterday saying everybody should get tested whether they're showing symptoms or not - why? Well because they're trying to find as many positive tests as they can and they now need to test healthy people that will never feel any serious effects of the illness to boost the figures.

All vulnerable people, and those over 40, in this country have now had at least one vaccination so have some level of protection. Time to stop all the **** and to just get back to normal, meantime complete the vaccination programme.

I love the way they try now to spin that young people are now at increased risk from the various variants by saying the ratio of young to older people they're seeing admitted to hospital is now increasing - of course it is because the older people are are protected and the younger ones are not protected so, numerically, more younger ones will see the more serious effects. They don't give numbers any more, numbers were relevant at the start when 5,000 in ICU across the UK sounded a lot but now it's ratios without the full data behind them - we all know the numbers are significantly reduced but they spin it to make it sound horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    The death and ICU rates at the height of the pandemic were what were being thrown at us as reason we needed to comply. The deaths have all but stopped and ICUs are pretty much free of Covid patients now so they're throwing case rates at us.

Unfortunately their definition of a case is a positive test whether the individual develops any illness or not whereas it should be any instance of illness caused by the virus.

Originally, if we had symptoms we were to get tested and self isolate if we were positive. I heard some SNP woman on TV yesterday saying everybody should get tested whether they're showing symptoms or not - why? Well because they're trying to find as many positive tests as they can and they now need to test healthy people that will never feel any serious effects of the illness to boost the figures.

All vulnerable people, and those over 40, in this country have now had at least one vaccination so have some level of protection. Time to stop all the **** and to just get back to normal, meantime complete the vaccination programme.

I love the way they try now to spin that young people are now at increased risk from the various variants by saying the ratio of young to older people they're seeing admitted to hospital is now increasing - of course it is because the older people are are protected and the younger ones are not protected so, numerically, more younger ones will see the more serious effects. They don't give numbers any more, numbers were relevant at the start when 5,000 in ICU across the UK sounded a lot but now it's ratios without the full data behind them - we all know the numbers are significantly reduced but they spin it to make it sound horrific.
    Well said Deeranged. I think everything will be different when GB News starts up. I have great faith in Andrew Neil that he will not accept anything that looks like the use of clever but false arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving ordinary people. that's what we are up against and I am hopeful that Andrew Neil will give such a shock to BBC News viewing figures that the liberal luvvies who think they are acting in the best interests of the British public will take a think to themselves and realise that they are only speaking to themselves, like in an echo chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

I seem to remember a year ago the ‘health experts’ in the U.K. telling us that children would not contract Coronavirus but now they have discovered that they were wrong.
    Last night I heard someone on the news stating that a child in a nursery school had contracted the Covid-19 virus.
    I do not know if this is correct or the child was suffering from another illness.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)