+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: England v Croatia Match Thoughts

Well we started the game well and were possibly unlucky not to be ahead early doors .

We were never going to be able to keep that intensity up , this is England and not Barnsley after all .

Subs important in my opinion , Rashford and Grealish to come on and hopefully run the legs of a tired Croatian defence .

Kyle Walker is a t@sser , just thought I'd end with that .

I’ve never really rated Phillips but what a game he’s having today.

A workable win and encouraging .

Managed the game well I thought .

Well done England , one foot in the knock out stages .

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    I’ve never really rated Phillips but what a game he’s having today.
    Totally agree. MOTM fo me. Really surprised me how intelligent his play was. The breaking up of play was superb by Phillips and obviously played a huge part in our goal. Great start to the tournament by our boys

Gareth seems to have is own way of doing things .

It wasn't the team I would have picked but we got the desired result so fair play .

Tournament football is all about results .

Impressive at times , not sure if Croatia were poor or England made them look poor , fully agree with MoM being Phillips , deserved win,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Impressive at times , not sure if Croatia were poor or England made them look poor , fully agree with MoM being Phillips , deserved win,
    Definitely not the side they were 3 years ago Roma .

The one thing you can't do as an England fan is get too carried away and I think the majority of the country understands that .

We've some seriously talented young players but it isn't always the most talented players who win international tournaments .

If it were Brazil would have double the world cups they already have .

The Germans and the Italians are masters at winning tournaments or going deep in to them with a method and mental strength and not necessarily having the best players .

There was a maturity about our play this afternoon that I liked .

Good start , Walker worries the shyte out of me though I have to say .

I think he's a poor footballer and massively overrated but that's just my opinion .

The lad Reece James is twice the player Walker is .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Definitely not the side they were 3 years ago Roma .

The one thing you can't do as an England fan is get too carried away and I think the majority of the country understands that .

We've some seriously talented young players but it isn't always the most talented players who win international tournaments .

If it were Brazil would have double the world cups they already have .

The Germans and the Italians are masters at winning tournaments or going deep in to them with a method and mental strength and not necessarily having the best players .

There was a maturity about our play this afternoon that I liked .

Good start , Walker worries the shyte out of me though I have to say .

I think he's a poor footballer and massively overrated but that's just my opinion .

The lad Reece James is twice the player Walker is .
    I am not Walkers biggest fan either but he offers defensive pace that we lack. A bit like Sibbick coming in for Sollbauer if you will.

Croatia have seen their peak in 2018. An ageing side now but nevertheless also to be respected.

Job done by England today. A bit of quality won a tight game. I'm chuffed with various aspects of how we played. As you highlighted, the maturity in the performance was pleasing

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I am not Walkers biggest fan either but he offers defensive pace that we lack. A bit like Sibbick coming in for Sollbauer if you will.

Croatia have seen their peak in 2018. An ageing side now but nevertheless also to be respected.

Job done by England today. A bit of quality won a tight game. I'm chuffed with various aspects of how we played. As you highlighted, the maturity in the performance was pleasing
    The country really needs a lift , I suppose you could say that about every country right now given what we've all been through these last 18 months .

However this country is deeply divided right now on top of the pandemic .

Something good needs to happen to bind us together a bit more I feel .

Football generally does this , well I'm hopeful if nowt else mate .

Another 2 pts should easily see England through now , it will be interesting tomorrow afternoon how the Czechs play against Scotland , I've a feeling that if they play well , it would be a big struggle for Croatia to qualify , my dark horse selection is Czech Republic !! What happened to Czech Tyke ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast