+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland wont take the knee

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    The thing is that 90% of people agree with you, but this is not about rational thinking, it’s about a small number of people telling everyone how to think
    Is that 90% a serious quote? or is that just your assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Is that 90% a serious quote? or is that just your assumption?
    Nobody will ever know

Like opinion polls in general elections, folks say things in public but then do different things when it’s a secret ballot

The fans that boo taking the knee are obvious in their numbers but who knows how many of those not booing still think it’s a bad gesture. Silence isn't the same as agreement.

If it keeps highlighting 'Racism in football' then it is most certainly not a load of *******s
    There's a difference in highlighting something and actually doing something about it.

Taking the knee has actually been around for five yeArs or more and long before it was hijacked by currents trends.
    Started by black gridiron American football players highlighting injustices. At the time I remember it was shown in the media but I don't seem to recall there were many people showing sympathy

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller;397997n19
    There's a difference in highlighting something and actually doing something about it.
    I agree, and it has been highlighted many times before, but if it doesn't keep getting highlighted then nothing will ever get done. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Nobody will ever know

Like opinion polls in general elections, folks say things in public but then do different things when it’s a secret ballot

The fans that boo taking the knee are obvious in their numbers but who knows how many of those not booing still think it’s a bad gesture. Silence isn't the same as agreement.
    Welcome back Grist, I haven't noticed your take on things for a while and hope all is well?

You are absolutely right that silence most certainly doesnt mean agreement, and in some cases people could boo, not because they are in agreement, but just because all around them are booing.
    I personally am fully behind highlighting racism in football, and the fact that we are debating taking the knee, still highlights that point, whichever side of the fence you sit. UTM

I agree, and it has been highlighted many times before, but if it doesn't keep getting highlighted then nothing will ever get done. UTM
    Personally I think these empty gestures have just made matters worse

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Personally I think these empty gestures have just made matters worse
    Personally I think it keeps it in people's minds.UTM

Personally I think it keeps it in people's minds.UTM
    Yep, like that old Joe Pasquale song

Frankly I think the Jocks will take only 2 things:
    1 All they can get from us whilst remaining carping dogs in a manger
    2 A Euros wooden spoon
    Sorry to be racist about our great allies north of the borderline between civilisation, porridge and midges

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast