+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland wont take the knee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scotland wont take the knee

Clarke has confirmed Scotland will not take the knee England, could this be the beginning of the end for this shameful and divisive act?

The players linking arms has been suggested to unite against racism wouldnt this be a better way for everyone?

How about doing what they get paid for. Play football and stop with the gestures altogether. Taking the knee, linking arms whatever. It doesn’t make a blind bit of difference and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Clarke has confirmed Scotland will not take the knee England, could this be the beginning of the end for this shameful and divisive act?

The players linking arms has been suggested to unite against racism wouldnt this be a better way for everyone?
    To be honest I didnt personally mind the taking of the knee, simply because it keeps 'Racism in football' in the minds of people. However, I believe for a lot of people it is associated with politics and the BLM movement which doesnt go down well, and I do agree that the linking arms would be a better way of highlighting it. UTM

To be honest this gesture didn’t have any end game,they got abit lucky with it when it started and was on live on Americanised sky tv in front of no fans and got a bigger profile across the board…but it wasn’t going to last ever without a negative reaction.but then they was never going to pull it full scale because it would look like defeat….as ever no-one thinking about the long game…to me we had the kick out it campaign in football.which had a perfect balance which was no so in your face but still got it’s message across…
    Last edited by clarkey1974; 11-06-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I don't think so.

"Wokeism" is a Marxist attack on all popular culture, and indeed on the very concept of "having fun".

Everything has to be serious and political and "important".

Miserable people who want everyone to be similarly miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I don't think so.

"Wokeism" is a Marxist attack on all popular culture, and indeed on the very concept of "having fun".

Everything has to be serious and political and "important".

Miserable people who want everyone to be similarly miserable.
    There I was, feeling miserable as hell while reading Marx's book "Wokeism Today", and then I read your post and, hey, I feel great. Thanks gf!

English players discuss and reach an agreement that they want to show their support for anti-racism by taking the knee.

Scottish players do the same but decide that their preferred action to support anti-racism is linking arms.

This action is then taken in a 10 second delay at the start of a football match.

I'd suggest that booing, or outrage on a message board at the footballer's choice of action, or anger/outrage at Scotland for not taking the knee is simply a product of an extremist point of view on either side of the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    English players discuss and reach an agreement that they want to show their support for anti-racism by taking the knee.

Scottish players do the same but decide that their preferred action to support anti-racism is linking arms.

This action is then taken in a 10 second delay at the start of a football match.

I'd suggest that booing, or outrage on a message board at the footballer's choice of action, or anger/outrage at Scotland for not taking the knee is simply a product of an extremist point of view on either side of the debate.
    Huge respect for Scotland on this subject

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

I'd disagree. This word extremist gets bandied about far too often. You like to use it a lot but at least you'll try and back it up I suppose.

I wouldn't want my kid taking the knee. There's no way every footballer, black or white, would do this, if given the FREEDOM of choice.

They're in agreement because it follows the narrative they are now forced to follow.

I'd like to see the game address homophobia. There will be young men performing on the world stage in the next 4/5 weeks who are gay, bi***ual etc. We appear consumed by one topic and for one, I believe it's wrong. Players are being supressed and a large swell of public opinion is being ignored.

I listened to Kevin Miles and Tony Burnett yesterday and I thought their comments were out of order. Doesn't mean, regardless of what they, you, or the media say, that I'm a raving racist and an extremist. I don't care what message they think they're sending out, young footballers shouldn't be used as tools.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    I'd disagree. This word extremist gets bandied about far too often. You like to use it a lot but at least you'll try and back it up I suppose.

I wouldn't want my kid taking the knee. There's no way every footballer, black or white, would do this, if given the FREEDOM of choice.

They're in agreement because it follows the narrative they are now forced to follow.

I'd like to see the game address homophobia. There will be young men performing on the world stage in the next 4/5 weeks who are gay, bi***ual etc. We appear consumed by one topic and for one, I believe it's wrong. Players are being supressed and a large swell of public opinion is being ignored.

I listened to Kevin Miles and Tony Burnett yesterday and I thought their comments were out of order. Doesn't mean, regardless of what they, you, or the media say, that I'm a raving racist and an extremist. I don't care what message they think they're sending out, young footballers shouldn't be used as tools.
    I'm not talking about people who raise perfectly good and well balanced opposing opinions to the taking of the knee, or to the football team's choices here. I'm talking only about those who actively boo the action or express repeated outrage on message boards, get abusive or hyper emotional about it. You object to the term 'extremist' being used, but not to the term Marxist to generalise the footy teams and in fact anyone and everyone who might make a pro ant-racist argument. Seems odd.

I completely agree with thoughts on Miles and Burnett and that disagrreing with their stance does not make you either racist or extremist. I suspect if you kept going on about it, ranting and raving about Marxists and globalist agendas, you probably might be.

Good points well made about homophobia in football. At risk of changing the op subject (and this is only for my info, not to start debate) who is doing the suppressing do you think?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast