+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland wont take the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I don't think the player's decisions are anything to do with their paymasters. I think that anyone who works with black colleagues will be aware of the strength of feeling from many of them about their experiences with racism, and this is quite heightended with players as they are subject to more than most as a result of their public profile. White players working day in day out will be very aware of this and the impact it has on their colleagues, and see it much more clearly than we do. I'm much more aware of it since moving to and working in East London. This isn't to open u p the rights and wrongs of the debate, just to say that I don't think it is purely down to the players and staff, not the bosses. However, such a secret poll would be interesting - I agree that there would be a minority who disagree with taking the knee and some would be black players, probably moreso than white. But in my experience such discussions between work colleagues tend to be quite open and different views heard as there is nothing wrong or unusual in arguing that taking the knee could be counter productive to the overall aim of what they are trying to achieve.

I know a few footballers and coaches in the game personally. You are most definitely correct when you say players Black and White would prefer not to take the knee.

I've already said the majority would take the knee but it's not for everyone. Maybe it makes a point but I wouldn't want to see my kids do it but nevertheless I would respect them, if it was their decision to do so.

I don't agree with it but each to their own.

They will not take the points either that’s all I’m bothered about.

Bored to death of the debate now. Started a conversation that needed to be had but held onto because a tangible tool for change is non existent. Jumped on by the media who feel it promotes them positively when they raise social issues, oh what a social conscience they must have. Yawn.

I hope one day there will be no racists, that day will never come. Deal with bigots and racists as they appear and try to educate earlier, all you can do. Take the knee, don't take the knee, meh now. I just zone out for a few more seconds until the game begins. I wouldn't boo nor would I applaud, truth is it would be like going to an away game and them having a minute silence for some ex player you've never heard of, just think about something random until the action starts.

Managed to turn an important issue into some kind us and them scenario where people don't want to stop because they think it will be admitting defeat and others don't want to let up their disapproval for much the same reason.

Yay oh yay, what a world. For myself only, I won't talk about it anymore, won't make anyone shed any tears but I can't be bothered going round in circles.

Lets talk about football!

Looks like the corporate sponsors got to Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Bored to death of the debate now. Started a conversation that needed to be had but held onto because a tangible tool for change is non existent. Jumped on by the media who feel it promotes them positively when they raise social issues, oh what a social conscience they must have. Yawn.

I hope one day there will be no racists, that day will never come. Deal with bigots and racists as they appear and try to educate earlier, all you can do. Take the knee, don't take the knee, meh now. I just zone out for a few more seconds until the game begins. I wouldn't boo nor would I applaud, truth is it would be like going to an away game and them having a minute silence for some ex player you've never heard of, just think about something random until the action starts.

Managed to turn an important issue into some kind us and them scenario where people don't want to stop because they think it will be admitting defeat and others don't want to let up their disapproval for much the same reason.

Yay oh yay, what a world. For myself only, I won't talk about it anymore, won't make anyone shed any tears but I can't be bothered going round in circles.

Lets talk about football!
    Sorry to say it MT, but you have just given the very reason(s) why giving this matter publicity is so correct.

Taking the knee a load of *******s .

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    The thing is that 90% of people agree with you, but this is not about rational thinking, it’s about a small number of people telling everyone how to think

Don't have an opinion either way with kneeling. Will it make a difference? No idea. Will be more interested in their opinion of the goings on in Qatar, where they'll all be expected to play a World cup tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    If it keeps highlighting 'Racism in football' then it is most certainly not a load of *******s

It appears to be a gesture that’s ended up being more divisive than unifying

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast