+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Scotland wont take the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    Frankly I think the Jocks will take only 2 things:
    1 All they can get from us whilst remaining carping dogs in a manger
    2 A Euros wooden spoon
    Sorry to be racist about our great allies north of the borderline between civilisation, porridge and midges
    By taking the knee we might get a peek of what’s under the kilt

Based on previous actions.......nothing......yet to grow some

Decided not to take knee but will take Knee against England?

Ffs you can’t make a statement about it then go and take the knee in certain games, make your bloody minds up.

Don’t you think it’s actually got worse though Ronners?
    Kick it out were doing a job, probably in certain areas they need to do more but I never noticed any booing about them when it was highlighted in games.

Personally I hardly hear any racism around me only what’s been highlighted

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Ffs you can’t make a statement about it then go and take the knee in certain games, make your bloody minds up.

Kick it out were doing a job, probably in certain areas they need to do more but I never noticed any booing about them when it was highlighted in games.

Unfortunately MT, taking the knee is looked upon as a BLM thing and I do understand why, in that respect , people are against it.
    However, and as you rightly say, the 'Kick it Out' campaign, whilst doing ok, just weren't doing enough, and for me at the moment, the taking of the knee is still the statement about racism until someone comes up with something better.
    This thing with Scotland, are you saying they didnt take the knee against the Czechs? but will do for the England match? UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    This thing with Scotland, are you saying they didnt take the knee against the Czechs? but will do for the England match? UTM
    That’s correct.

Remember, the Kick It Out organisation is in effect a business. That's how they make a living. No racism no job so they exaggerate everything

As for hearing racism I've heard more since taking the knee started. It's polarised people and many more are getting sick of the topic being brought up in every match, in every TV program and in every news paper.

It's become annoying rather than effective.

Some of it is funny though, like comments from Mings and Ferdinand wanting to educate people
    😆

Unfortunately MT, taking the knee is looked upon as a BLM thing and I do understand why, in that respect , people are against it.
    However, and as you rightly say, the 'Kick it Out' campaign, whilst doing ok, just weren't doing enough, and for me at the moment, the taking of the knee is still the statement about racism until someone comes up with something better.
    Re-Scotland, yes and this is what annoys me, why would you agree in not taking it but then decide you will take it against England 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Remember, the Kick It Out organisation is in effect a business. That's how they make a living. No racism no job so they exaggerate everything

As for hearing racism I've heard more since taking the knee started. It's polarised people and many more are getting sick of the topic being brought up in every match, in every TV program and in every news paper.

It's become annoying rather than effective.

Some of it is funny though, like comments from Mings and Ferdinand wanting to educate people
    😆
    Ferdinand is and always will be two faced, it was a different story when he was fined for a racist tweet

Re-Scotland, yes and this is what annoys me, why would you agree in not taking it but then decide you will take it against England 🤔
    I'm with you on that MT, it makes no sense at all. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    That’s correct.
    Cheers, and like I've just said, that makes no sense at all, either Scotland dont take the knee in every game, or they do take it, but you cant pick and choose. UTM

Cheers, and like I've just said, that makes no sense at all, either Scotland dont take the knee in every game, or they do take it, but you cant pick and choose. UTM
    Thats why its a farce, gesturing is annoying to many people especially when the gesture means so many different things ....the good thing is now that many more in football are coming out in favour of shutting it down for something that works better.

I just hope its gone for when the season starts

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast