Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
I don't think the player's decisions are anything to do with their paymasters. I think that anyone who works with black colleagues will be aware of the strength of feeling from many of them about their experiences with racism, and this is quite heightended with players as they are subject to more than most as a result of their public profile. White players working day in day out will be very aware of this and the impact it has on their colleagues, and see it much more clearly than we do. I'm much more aware of it since moving to and working in East London. This isn't to open u p the rights and wrongs of the debate, just to say that I don't think it is purely down to the players and staff, not the bosses. However, such a secret poll would be interesting - I agree that there would be a minority who disagree with taking the knee and some would be black players, probably moreso than white. But in my experience such discussions between work colleagues tend to be quite open and different views heard as there is nothing wrong or unusual in arguing that taking the knee could be counter productive to the overall aim of what they are trying to achieve.

I know a few footballers and coaches in the game personally. You are most definitely correct when you say players Black and White would prefer not to take the knee.

I've already said the majority would take the knee but it's not for everyone. Maybe it makes a point but I wouldn't want to see my kids do it but nevertheless I would respect them, if it was their decision to do so.

I don't agree with it but each to their own.