+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stadium names

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Staying on a similar vein, does anyone believe that in the future, sponsorship could include changing the name of the team to the sponsors name for the duration of the sponsorship?
    'Bog cleaners r us' doesn't somehow sound right......

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    'Bog cleaners r us' doesn't somehow sound right......
    If a gardening company took over sponsorship at old Trafford, Man Ure has a certain ring to it....

River Rotherham Stadium.

Staying on a similar vein, does anyone believe that in the future, sponsorship could include changing the name of the team to the sponsors name for the duration of the sponsorship?
    Just hope Tampax don’t sponsor us then.

Wouldn't suprise me at all, would need to be sanctioned by the various league authorities I think.

Its already happened to a degree with red bull and their various teams.
    One of them, Leipzig I think, made their name something (can't remember exactly what) which just happened to have the initials R B as they weren't allowed to call themselves Red Bull under the leagues rules if I remember correctly.

Just checked , it was Leipzig formed out of SSV Makranstadt and changed their name to
    RasenBallsport Leipzig

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    Wouldn't suprise me at all, would need to be sanctioned by the various league authorities I think.

Its already happened to a degree with red bull and their various teams.
    One of them, Leipzig I think, made their name something (can't remember exactly what) which just happened to have the initials R B as they weren't allowed to call themselves Red Bull under the leagues rules if I remember correctly.

Just checked , it was Leipzig formed out of SSV Makranstadt and changed their name to
    RasenBallsport Leipzig
    Thanks for that Magyar, so I've just looked it up and and a team in Austria are called FC Red Bull Salzburg , but it says that when playing in UEFA competitions, it is known as FC Salzburg and wears a modified Crest due to sponsorship restrictions. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Lol, I like our stadium name, it stands out. Only to the uneducated who don’t Rotherham’s history will pay ignorance to it as sounding too grandeur.

What would you rename it to if you were given the chance? Let’s put this out there to everyone who reads this post.
    According to my research the area around our ground was called New York before the city of New York was given that name.

So first dibs.

Wouldn't it be great if the SWFC ground was sponsored by the clothing chain Boo Hoo ?

I think our name is great, and it is named after the area,my wife's family are from Masbro' and they all used to say about going down'new York' years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12