+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stadium names

Stadium names

Crewe have changed their stadium name to Mornflakes stadium https://www.crewealex.net/news/2021/...adium-sponsor/

I’m sure there’s or has been some worst ones out there, I weren’t overly joyous with ours at first but it grew on me, don’t think this will happen with Crewe fans though

Livingstone's tony macaroni stadium

cereal killers

All games to kick off before noon

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Crewe have changed their stadium name to Mornflakes stadium https://www.crewealex.net/news/2021/...adium-sponsor/

I’m sure there’s or has been some worst ones out there, I weren’t overly joyous with ours at first but it grew on me, don’t think this will happen with Crewe fans though
    It could have been snow mate .I’ve got to say I don’t like ours unless some billionaires from New York want to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    It could have been snow mate .I’ve got to say I don’t like ours unless some billionaires from New York want to take over.
    ..not needed, TS is still dreaming about the Prem, so we're ok.................

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Lol, I like our stadium name, it stands out. Only to the uneducated who don’t Rotherham’s history will pay ignorance to it as sounding too grandeur.

What would you rename it to if you were given the chance? Let’s put this out there to everyone who reads this post.

In the context of this post,it’s the aesseal bit which is the comparison to Crewe’s naming rights .fine we make money out of it.but when it gets described as the aesseal New York stadium it seems abit convoluted to me….suppose we had got used to plain old “darn at millmoor”..after all those years and it’s the way of the world in football..

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Lol, I like our stadium name, it stands out. Only to the uneducated who don’t Rotherham’s history will pay ignorance to it as sounding too grandeur.

What would you rename it to if you were given the chance? Let’s put this out there to everyone who reads this post.
    I like the name as well, Brin.
    I have to admit I was a bit unsure in the beginning mainly due to the tenuous links to NYC that were attempted, but I happy with it now.
    Often makes me think of my dad tbh, I've got very clear memories of him telling me when I was young,that part of rotherham was called New York.

I also like that even with the naming rights we still manage to retain our own stadium name as well, rather than it just changing with every new deal.
    Obviously that kind of sponsorship is very important these days, but that does seem a reasonable compromise to get best of both worlds

Staying on a similar vein, does anyone believe that in the future, sponsorship could include changing the name of the team to the sponsors name for the duration of the sponsorship?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast