+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dyche

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I understand the ink is on the paper and the club will announce it today.
    As he signed yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    As he signed yet ?
    The "laughing stock syndrome" continues I'm sorry to say.

The "laughing stock syndrome" continues I'm sorry to say.
    Posted on Ashley young thread BT , that I think it’s all at loggerheads , club saying Dyche is signing ( doesn’t look like it though) , we’re in advanced talks with the veteran young ( he hasn’t signed ).
    Tarky has openly said he wants to go to Wet Spam and Dyches stand on that was as far as he’s concerned Tarky will be a Burnley player , pace wants to sell him so he doesn’t lose face in giving Dyche money.
    Dyche wants a lot more money than that as he knows like we do we need probably 5 players at least , all the talk of money for his contract is pointless as he’s unsettled through no solid guarantees of players .

Personally I’m usually an optimist but I’m going glass half empty , and the longer it goes the less convinced I am in it getting sorted

Why should Sean rush to sign a contract? He is currently our manager and is already under contract.
    His agent will be only too well aware of any interest from other clubs and will be negotiating to get the best deal for Sean but also for himself. As far as they are concerned there is absolutely no need to rush about anything and if I was in Sean's position I would be carefully weighing up my options before making any further decision.

If he signs a new contract with us, then it will be his job to try to sort things out. As I said previously, he holds all the aces and he owes the club absolutely nothing because, without his tenacity and hard work, we would be nowhere near where we are today.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Why should Sean rush to sign a contract? He is currently our manager and is already under contract.
    His agent will be only too well aware of any interest from other clubs and will be negotiating to get the best deal for Sean but also for himself. As far as they are concerned there is absolutely no need to rush about anything and if I was in Sean's position I would be carefully weighing up my options before making any further decision.

If he signs a new contract with us, then it will be his job to try to sort things out. As I said previously, he holds all the aces and he owes the club absolutely nothing because, without his tenacity and hard work, we would be nowhere near where we are today.
    That is all true Sub, but it's against the background of BT getting inside info from the club that it was all done and dusted and Sean would be signing that very day. It hasn't happened, was BT's informant making it all up, or did something happen, or not happen, to prevent what should have happened happening ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That is all true Sub, but it's against the background of BT getting inside info from the club that it was all done and dusted and Sean would be signing that very day. It hasn't happened, was BT's informant making it all up, or did something happen, or not happen, to prevent what should have happened happening ?
    They did actually publish in Lancashire press he was signing in next 72 hours, as well as BT s reliable informant.
    I understand all that Sub says and I can go with it to a point - my real thing is we knew about this situation 6 months ago so if we didn’t have what we thought drafted and I can’t believe Dyche hadn’t said before now what he’d require financially for players going forward.

Plus Dyche ( A man of honour ) owes the club / fans the decency to let another manager be found in time to sort things his way if he’s not signing the contract , as I’ve said from my first post time is of the essence because finding a new manager would take a month I reckon start to finish - from now that’s pre season with no signings to speak of and a new manager starting with a squad that’s old and he doesn’t know capabilities of them.

Dyche has done a amazing job for us but as the saying goes Sh-t or get off the pot

Seriously guys my "inside source" is reliable. He told me Charlie Austin was signing and I then nearly ran Charlie and his entourage over in the car park as I swung in past the club shop!

Regrettably he also told me, (I believe I was first) we were signing Dale Stephens. I deliberately held that news back so the Samaritans could get their 'phone team assembled.

Perhaps Dave Baldwin arriving has changed things, but I know with 100% certainty Dyche and Baldwin sing from the same hymn sheet.

I think Supersub6 has this nailed which worries me, because the new, improved contract is on SD's desk, but all is quiet on the Western Front.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    They did actually publish in Lancashire press he was signing in next 72 hours, as well as BT s reliable informant.
    I understand all that Sub says and I can go with it to a point - my real thing is we knew about this situation 6 months ago so if we didn’t have what we thought drafted and I can’t believe Dyche hadn’t said before now what he’d require financially for players going forward.

Plus Dyche ( A man of honour ) owes the club / fans the decency to let another manager be found in time to sort things his way if he’s not signing the contract , as I’ve said from my first post time is of the essence because finding a new manager would take a month I reckon start to finish - from now that’s pre season with no signings to speak of and a new manager starting with a squad that’s old and he doesn’t know capabilities of them.

Dyche has done a amazing job for us but as the saying goes Sh-t or get off the pot
    SD is probably slowly realising Pace is potless unless he sells Tarks and I think he is considering his optons as he was promised backing and it is not forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    SD is probably slowly realising Pace is potless unless he sells Tarks and I think he is considering his optons as he was promised backing and it is not forthcoming.
    The trouble is CiB we are having to second guess, Pace promised transparency and we are getting none. I'm starting to get twitchy.

The trouble is CiB we are having to second guess, Pace promised transparency and we are getting none. I'm starting to get twitchy.
    BT --don't get twitchy, it just isn't worth it. We are not dealing in the real world, we are talking about football and nothing is ever as we hope that it might be. There is so much skulduggery and it will never get any better because agents will always screw the game for as much as they can and we, as fans, will always be ignored. Sad ---isn't it!

Just edited to add:- I really think that football outdoes politics when it comes to misleading people and that is saying something!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)