+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The New Season

The New Season

Just had a look at our pre season friendlies and it dawned on me that the season is essentially a month away (give a couple of days).

Looking at Championship games on TV I suddenly felt as though I haven't quite moved on from last season yet. Still feels like there is a hangover. Hopefully it is just with me though.

I don't really look at rumours, rather just wait until we sign people, but it does feel a bit flat. Is that because of the focus on the Euros? Or are we looking like flatlining this season. Suddenly nervous, someone reassure me, please haha.

It all finished so frustratingly given how many chances we had with Derby losing all the time. I wonder how much appetite there is for League 1 football again? I'm sure it will all come back once I see us playing again. Bloody wish we were in the league above, damn.

Still emotionally (not in an overly melodramatic way) fatigued from how it ended, does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Still emotionally (not in an overly melodramatic way) fatigued from how it ended, does that make sense?
    Yes it does pal.

I feel until we kick off in to a new season then the relegation will be discussed and hang around to remind us how we failed. It will soon pass and we'll have another chance to cheer, smile, moan, groan, enjoy, and feel the ups and downs of what it's like to be a footy fan.
    Simply cannot wait .....bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Yes it does pal.

I feel until we kick off in to a new season then the relegation will be discussed and hang around to remind us how we failed. It will soon pass and we'll have another chance to cheer, smile, moan, groan, enjoy, and feel the ups and downs of what it's like to be a footy fan.
    Simply cannot wait .....bring it on!
    Yeah you're spot on. Be nice to have some new faces through the door also to chat about, build up or dismiss before the season starts as is the way of us fickle fans. Some sort of buzz to get everyone going again after being lumped with failure since the last game. But yes, once the first game begins it will be a new table and then hopefully the hangover ends.

Will be strange when people go back and it will be two teams on essentially from the last one fans saw in person.

I move on quickly.
    What's done is done, you can't change the outcome of last season.
    Lessons need to be learned and I'm sure we will be targeting a top six finish.
    Expect to be underwhelmed about any signings and you won't be disappointed too much.

Casper, thats been the long standing gripe........we don't ever learn.

Nothing has changed yet

without refreshing the squad and/or tactics I reckon the fans will get mightily restless

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    I move on quickly.
    What's done is done, you can't change the outcome of last season.
    Lessons need to be learned and I'm sure we will be targeting a top six finish.
    Expect to be underwhelmed about any signings and you won't be disappointed too much.
    With the greatest respect, 90% of our signings in League 1 I haven't heard of when we sign them so whether they are good or not is a mystery until I see them play. In that regard I don't get too excited initially, still nice to see new faces and it feeling fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Casper, thats been the long standing gripe........we don't ever learn.
    Correct but let’s be careful who we blame 😏

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Correct but let’s be careful who we blame ��
    ......TS controls the purse strings, but we've signed (and wasted lots of££££) so maybe 50/50.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast