+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2021

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I think the bottom line is, racism is bad (m'kay?) and racism exists ( though some seem to be sceptical on that point, but heyho).

If I see someone mounting a protest against a bad thing, well I tend to agree with the concept of protesting bad things.
    If I think a specific protest is misguided or ineffective, but the cause worthwhile, I'll maybe say something like "I believe that protest is ineffective and/or misguided".
    I won't boo them for doing it, or get vexed, I'll let them get on with it.

Anyway, as Aldo says, things that wind up racists please me.
    Nail on the multicoloured, multicultural head. .... as in, I wholeheartedly agree.

The bothersome thing for me tho ..... overt racism is easier tae target than covert. Do any players have the option not to take the knee? ... maybe they do ... but dare they? .... 5 seconds once a week taking the knee is a powerful gesture which demands little effort, and sends a strong message .... but it might be well worth those repeated 5 second 'visuals' in order tae project the image that an individual is 'onside' .... and no-one will suspect he will be settling down later to a good laugh at some old Bernard Manning footage on Youtube.

If clubs are serious about their image of being anti-racist organisations, they need to move on up from PR and create policy ... with zero-tolerance clauses hard wired into player contracts ... in big writing ... and with clarity, stating that termination/suspension of contract will be dated to that of infringement rather than discovery/challenge re. same, and that all monies received by the proven guilty party from said date of infringement will be recoverable.

Sorry if this seems extreme .... but if yer nae a racist then it shouldna rattle yer cage one iota. I just fkn hate racism .... it's jist so backward, destructive ... and Ah would dare say braindead ... but Ah'm worried Ah'll be accused o' discriminatin' against persons of diminished mental capacity ....
    .... f*ck it ... sue me ya c*nts.

I just hate joining in.
    I also hate Sunday mornings when you wake up knowing that you spent your Saturday night p’ished and trying to pick a fight on Abmad.

The resident super-edgy optician, shopkeeper, hardman bore getting a rinsing from people with some decent values I see. Who can forget his uber out-there take on a former manager being diagnosed with dementia. Sad pr*ck that needs to lay aff the bottle and stop the attention seeking just like the 'pooves and lassies' he despises on social media without realising that is the mannie's equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I just hate joining in.
    I also hate Sunday mornings when you wake up knowing that you spent your Saturday night p’ished and trying to pick a fight on Abmad.
    Just the Saturday night?

Dinna tell me you’ve come on here on a sunday morning to protect Calderwood.

Tw@t

……and kneeling down to the english?

A good royalist like you has probably done a fair amount of kneeling in his time.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 13-06-2021 at 06:51 AM.

Dinna tell me you’ve come on here on a sunday morning to protect Calderwood.

Tw@t

……and kneeling down to the english?

A good royalist like you has probably done a fair amount of kneeling in his time.
    It's not about kneeling down to the English but you know that.

I think if everyone is honest we can all agree that ultimately the gesture is futile but only because there's so many more hurdles and elements.

That, however, isn't the reason that most folk are angry about it.

If you look at the ones that are angry and especially those who are quite vociferous about it then have a look at them and make your own mind up about why they are angry.

Calling it "Marxist" is just a deflection attempt.

The right really are the most "woke" around.

I never called it Marxist.

Also I haven’t seen or heard anyone angry about it, although I admit I haven’t looked.

Me?
    Honestly?

The Yankness annoys me
    The compulsory joining in annoys me
    The preaching annoys me
    The futility of pretending that it’s going to make a difference really annoys me.

I’d boo it if I was at pittodrie, just as well I’m not at pittodrie.

Angry though?
    Nah, I just think it’s pathetic.
    Particularly pathetic is Scotland changing what their stance was to please the English.

I never said you did because you are just at it

You wouldn't boo but if you did then that seems like some angry emotional stuff

I’d boo quietly.

Nowhere near as loud as I’d boo if we start doing a huddle next season.

I just hate joining in.
    The Church of Human Decency offer support counselling for both anger management & pish heads. First session free

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast