+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2021

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    What difference do you think it’s going to make?

Load of “let’s join in” b’ollocks
    Wonder if Rosa Parks heard a shout of ‘let’s join in b*llocks’ from the back of the bus

Oooh Mason min
    You’re such a goodie

Ever thought about taking up religion

I didn’t see it, but the directorial management won’t be the BBC’s as criticised above. In major tournaments, it’s usual for ‘home’ broadcasters (in this case, Denmark) to provide the kit, technical support, and franchise (?) the captured images to worldwide audiences as required, with visiting media teams (subject to local health rules this year) adding their own commentary and pish summarising. This will be particularly relevant where the tournament’s being held in mutiple locations rather than a single country as it is this/last year.

I’d imagine that there will be BBC crews at both UK venues being used for the 2021-20 bunfecht, and that some poor saps in Myanmar and El Salvador will get up in the middle of the night to watch it.

I’m glad to hear that the boy seems to be recovering.

Well done Finland too. I went to an HJK match when I was there in 2003. The match was OK, but the ‘occasion’ had all sorts of marketing ****e on the pitch as entertainment, which was pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Taking the knee should’ve ended years ago.

Unfortunately, we’re still stuck with soup slurping web toed racists in 2021, so it must continue.
    Dearie me.

Who are you calling racists?

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Dearie me.

Anyone who doesn’t join in with Rev Mason’s idea of what’s right.

Anyone who doesn’t join in with Rev Mason’s idea of what’s right.
    Let’s call it the Church of Human Decency.

Don’t forget to pay the tithe

Dearie me.

Racists

Better get to bed Mason min, it’s Sunday tomorrow.

Preacher’s need their sleep too.

According to Aldo, if you don’t join in with the pathetic pointless gesture, which is a Yankee thing in the first place, then you’re a racist.
    F’uck that, I don’t do joining in.

Edit: and for Scotland to change their minds because of instructions from the English is beyond pathetic.
    I never said that.

My opinion doesn't really matter because I'm not the one spending about 5 seconds of my life before a game taking the knee.

All I'm saying is that it winds the racists up. That's a good thing.

Maybe its just a coincidence that the gesture is the exact same as the BLM movements and that the BLM slogan is plastered all over Sky Sports , apart from that it has nothing to do with BLM?

Taking a knee, what a joke.
    Actually, it isn't.
    It started when Colin Kaperneck protested two police shootings of black men in the US by remaining seated during the national anthem.

This caused a bit of a stooshie.
    Kapernick then amended the protest to "taking a knee" (I believe after talking with some military veterans) which is an American sports thing when the coach is addressing his players.

Anyway, this upset a bunch of American racists, primarily Trump and a lot of Texas.

I believe there is a movement founded on the back of the phrase "Black lives matter" I confess I don't know much about the movement, but the phrase itself was coined following many instances of white cops shooting unarmed black dudes and not being held accountable, which is a bit sh1t.
    On the back of George Floyd's murder the phrase came into common parlance again.

Like I say, don't know much about the BLM movement, it seems to annoy a lot of (Caucasian) folk, but I don't know why.

Personally, I think saying "Racism is bad" is a good thing.
    Whether the "knee" thing has been overblown, no idea.
    But if folk want to protest against racism then I'm happy to wait five seconds while they do.

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast