+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: don valley

don valley

thought that was bad.
    take a look at the match on. You could get an airstrip down the sides of the pitch, and a country park behind the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    thought that was bad.
    take a look at the match on. You could get an airstrip down the sides of the pitch, and a country park behind the goals.
    WTF Crash?!

That ground is Don valley meets swillsboro. Been twice and its a proper, proper dive. Concrete cracking up and it's literally falling down.

I've just shuddered at the the memories of Don Valley. What did we do 3, 4 years?

And it was all on the promise of a return to our town in a new stadium. Nothing but trust.

I've read other forums where fans of different clubs have said that if they left their home stadium they would be done supporting their team.

We stayed loyal. We took the hit. And by golly it was worth it. Marching back into Roth'rum into the New York Stadium, closer to town than Millmoor and probably 'seat for seat' the best stadium in England.

I'm proud of my fellow Millers. Well done lads. WELL BLOODY DONE! 😀👍

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    I've just shuddered at the the memories of Don Valley. What did we do 3, 4 years?

And it was all on the promise of a return to our town in a new stadium. Nothing but trust.

I've read other forums where fans of different clubs have said that if they left their home stadium they would be done supporting their team.

We stayed loyal. We took the hit. And by golly it was worth it. Marching back into Roth'rum into the New York Stadium, closer to town than Millmoor and probably 'seat for seat' the best stadium in England.

I'm proud of my fellow Millers. Well done lads. WELL BLOODY DONE! 😀👍

Nice sentiment mate but Rotherham fans stayed away from DVS in their thousands. It was far from universal loyalty.

Agreed Scum...I think it was an easy excuse not to to spend money if I'm honest..blame the running track or playing in deedar..poor excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    thought that was bad.
    Yes it was bad, need binoculars