+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nerves

Nerves

...are starting to kick in. My god these National League playoffs are savage! About time they switched to 4 up, 4 down.

Wouldn't it be nice, if just for once, Notts surprised us all by dominating the next two games and getting promoted easily...

Yeah can't see it happening either!

COYP!

Woke up with a good feeling about today. Looking forward to it now.

COYP

Not as nervous as pre Chesterfield game but that's not because it's an easier game, it clearly isn't. Probably the early kick off helps, expect them to kick in around 11ish

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Woke up with a good feeling about today. Looking forward to it now.

COYP
    The little voice in my head veers from 'where gonna do this' to 'no chance', from minute to minute. It's the hope what kills ya. At least we'll know one way or the other in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    ...are starting to kick in. My god these National League playoffs are savage! About time they switched to 4 up, 4 down.

Wouldn't it be nice, if just for once, Notts surprised us all by dominating the next two games and getting promoted easily...

COYP!
    We would still have been in the playoffs if it was 4 up and 4 down. Also, had it been the case of 4 down we would have been relegated before we actually achieved that low point.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We would still have been in the playoffs if it was 4 up and 4 down. Also, had it been the case of 4 down we would have been relegated before we actually achieved that low point.
    4 up 4 down with 2 automatic. The other 2 as play offs. Potentially relegated teams in a 2 legged tie against potential promotion teams. Sounds like a plan?

Optimistic, the same as the Chesterfield game. That worked out as you'd expect with our bit of League-level quality making up for some dubious and defending nervy....those 3 goals

1 Rodders makes for Wootton
    2 Rodders to Ellis to Wootton
    3 Rodders to Ellis

The same players, plus Enzio, can win it for us again. Or maybe Reeves can do it like he did at Wrexham
    But we haven't completely shaken off the defensive issues or poor play from that awful spell in March/April so I can understand fans being nervous. But I believe we can hold out enough at that end of the pitch to allow our attacking quality to win it.

COYP!
    No nerves this year.

We're playing well and playing football the right way, as long as we don't go down with a whimper like against Harrogate, I'll be happy.

COYP!
    With 4 up 4 down how many times would we have been relegated in the past decade or so?

That's what I instantly thought. You never want 4 down when you are in L2 like we were. All of a sudden, great idea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast