+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Torquay 12.06.21 [NL Playoffs]

Quote Originally Posted by Riverleeno View Post
    Yep, and think the previous manager never targeted auto this season - next season the expectation in terms of recruitment and mentality has got to be go for automatic promotion. I believe Notts under IB and with the Reedtz's backing, can and will
    I think next season will be the toughest of the 3 seasons in the NL. Since our time in it 3 clubs who you wouldn’t expect to be promoted have.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Set pieces and counter attacks. We learnt nothing from the Chesterfield game. I thought when we levelled it up at 2-2 we’d go on to win easily, but we dropped off.

Massive work to do on the squad in the next few weeks.
    So did I actually.

I'm not sure you can blame poor defending as it applies to almost every club in this League. It's just the nature of teams at this level. We don't and can't attract the better lower league defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Needs to be a good summer of recruitment.
    Yeah, but not easy at all. Yours is a pretty good list.

For me the question is 'Is this player's level, as minimum, NL Champions or Top 3?' If there are too many that aren't, they'll weigh your squad down and drag you back into the pack. I can think of half-dozen players who have played recently who fit into that category

2 borderline decisions went against us today but overall we didn't take our chances. The lads were unlucky today but I'm feeling very optimistic about next season - clear out the deadwood and get players in who fit Burchnalls system + the return of Roberts and I think we will be a very interesting proposition next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    2 borderline decisions went against us today but overall we didn't take our chances. The lads were unlucky today but I'm feeling very optimistic about next season - clear out the deadwood and get players in who fit Burchnalls system + the return of Roberts and I think we will be a very interesting proposition next season.
    Roberts availability will give us extra quality that’s for sure. Where would he fit in to the current set up given Rodders has the free role?

It's a good point. The prospect of Cal and Rodders in the same team is frightening, but how does it work? You can't play Cal at wing back.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think next season will be the toughest of the 3 seasons in the NL. Since our time in it 3 clubs who you wouldn’t expect to be promoted have.
    I'd tip Solihull or Dagenham to be the surprise package, both finished very strongly. Bromley as well.

Grimsby should be in the mix with new owners, Southend - for all of their issues - were a L1 club just over a year ago and you'd expect them to be half decent at this level. Wrexham will no doubt give it a good go, at least one of Stockport and Hartlepool will still be in this division and Chesterfield are coming back into the fold. I wouldn't expect us to win the league, so it'll be play offs again and we now know how tough they are. At least we should be decent to watch next season, but it is very depressing having to face at least another year at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    We have conceded too many goals week in week out and so many of them as we all know are basic crosses coming into the box not being dealt with and today is no different. Defensively we have gone backwards this season for sure. No point scoring more goals if you let as many in as we do
    Agree with that. IB clearly wants defenders who are comfortable on the ball and doesn’t want head it, kick it players like Turner and Rawlinson. But I’m not sure we’re ever going to get out of this league trying to be Man City, and we as fans may have to accept that.

Ultimately, we weren’t good enough over the course of the season and can have no arguments about facing another year in this league. The retained list and recruitment this summer will be fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    In the wake of a horrible defeat, I must say I'm pretty optimistic. We shouldn't feel too hard done by. IB has turned us from an average team in to a dangerous team. I'm confident they will get the recruitment right.

Like I said before, the fine margins have cost us the game ultimately but was always going to be tight. Defensively we could have been better, but that's what happens when you want to play 'football'.

I understand the frustration at the ref as it was defo not a pen, but let's try not to let that dominate our thoughts. Overall, we just weren't quite good enough and we had gone as far as we could.

Needs to be a good summer of recruitment.

If possible we keep:
    Slocombe
    Dion
    MIller
    Ellis
    Chick
    Rawlo
    Reeves
    Rodders
    Wooton
    Cal
    Lewis Knight
    So you wouldn’t keep Brindley, Lacey and Doyle (as assistant and back-up CM?)

Well here we are again for another season in the NL. I didn't get the chance to watch the extra time but I gather we were in part the architects of our own downfall and the ref finished the job?

What a deflated feeling. After normal time when I had to join a meeting I felt we were on the way to winning it. Typical Notts eh?

I can fully understand the bad language that's emanated from a few of us under these circumstances but please can everyone tone it down and also refrain from any further personal insults using foul and abusive language to our own fans. We all feel bad so let's not make it worse for each other for goodness' sake. I'll be holding off with the yellow and red cards and permanent bans until I have also calmed down
    Last edited by SwalePie; 12-06-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast