+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Match Thread vs. Torquay 12.06.21 [NL Playoffs]

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Not true - remember how proud he was about the defending at Wrexham? And I think we can be confident it's something he'll get right for next season.

The circumstances in this run-in led to him going with Brindley-Ellis-Chicksen at Torquay. They included the games he did pick 2 or big 3 centre-halves and we ended up shipping goals in the penalty area anyway, in the air and on the ground, as well as being poor on the ball. Lacey out injured, Turner not a viable option....I think you're flogging a dead horse with this and hardly anybody agrees with you.
    Is Turner’s contract up? Let’s bloomin hope so. Must be on a decent whack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    No he wouldnt. Turner heads it better than any player we have. Heading it and tackling is what Turner is all about. Problem is we think we are better than that. Thats why we conceded 6 goals in 2 play off games. IB thinks defending the goal is not essential.
    Problem is that it is!!!!
    Turner is not mobile enough for the style IB seems to be implementing,and his age is against him wether he or we like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Is Turner’s contract up? Let’s bloomin hope so. Must be on a decent whack.
    No malice in this but I agree with BFP..

Well having watched the goals again I think we must give a lot of credit to Torquay for their legitimate one.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Well having watched the goals again I think we must give a lot of credit to Torquay for their legitimate one.

Thanks for that Swale....just when I thought I'd gotten over the disappointment (watched on Skybet so didn't get all the angles and replays)

1 legitimate goal in 4 doesn't make it any easier!

Noticed a few Notts fans at the back of the stand behind the goal!

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    Thanks for that Swale....just when I thought I'd gotten over the disappointment (watched on Skybet so didn't get all the angles and replays)

1 legitimate goal in 4 doesn't make it any easier!

Noticed a few Notts fans at the back of the stand behind the goal!
    So a 3-goal swing from the ref. It was the same against Coventry, right? The pen in the first leg, then our disallowed goal in the second leg plus an offside goal for them? Unbelievable for that to happen twice in four years.

Var would settle all of that and stop us sounding like a bunch of whingers.

Rodders was pick of the goals...or did he dive.?

Retained list expected later this week?

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637