+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Torquay 12.06.21 [NL Playoffs]

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Fine margins. Not a pen, plus Wooton's chance just then. Could have been 3 3
    It's just not to be....

I think we have played really well on the whole.

The BT commentators agree with me that we are the better side, and that "penalty" was a brilliant challenge and not a foul.

However, our defending is piz poor. You can't win games (well not many anyway) if you keep giving away an endless succession of goals.

PS
    How on earth did Wooton miss that one!

Hopefully the final time we see Doyle in a Notts shirt, nothing but failures since he came in with NA

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    All the subs have been so poor and shows where the issues are with this team
    Having to leave a 40 year old on for 120 mins because you have nobody else shows the weaknesses too.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Having to leave a 40 year old on for 120 mins because you have nobody else shows the weaknesses too.
    Reeves isn't fully fit either

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    All the subs have been so poor and shows where the issues are with this team
    Agree entirely with this. We have got worse with every sub. But if players are knackered...

This was as far as we could go really. I didnt expect us to win to be honest. I thought, if we got lucky we might do it.

Fair play to Torquay, they've been the most consistent team other than Sutton.

Stockport to go up for me.

Massive ten minutes now. I still think we have a chance but we've got to get a goal soon. Need the likes of Knowles and Wootton to be clinical.

Although I think Barnett as been poor today and Knowles get's outmuscled. As others have said midfield has been our weakness this season and that needs an overhall in the summer along with a strike partner for Wootton.

The limited options to come off the bench has meant we've had nothing to really change the game.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 12-06-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    This was as far as we could go really. I didnt expect us to win to be honest. I thought, if we got lucky we might do it.

Fair play to Torquay, they've been the most consistent team other than Sutton.

Stockport to go up for me.
    I agree fair play to Torquay I'm just so disappointed I can't cope anymore.

It’s unbelievable that a club of our size in this league haven’t got anyone decent off the bench.

Hard work when you get done by an offside goal and the worst penalty decision since the last one against us in the playoffs

Asa hall was down for 6 minutes getting treatment and the ref added 4 minutes added time...his incompetence baffles me

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast