+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Torquay 12.06.21 [NL Playoffs]

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I said at the time that it could well be our best chance for a while. Anything less than top 3 is a failure as far as next season goes.
    Anything less than winning the title is a failure!!

I think (hope) IB is astute enough to know where the problems lie for next season and the way he's changed our style and given improved performances over the last few months gives more optimism that we can get out of this league next year!
    The team virtually picked itself today....after that the squad looks very weak with virtually every sub not filling me with confidence that they could make an impact!
    We could do worse than look around this league for players as a few seemed to have raised their game whenever we've played against them!

Nearly, but not quite....again.

It’ll be tough next season, with more ex-EFL clubs desperate to get back there, but Notts ‘ recent form and the improvements made by IB, give genuine grounds for optimism about next season.

I expect other clubs will be making enquiries for Rodrigues but I think it’s essential we hang on to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Anything less than winning the title is a failure!!
    I sincerely hope we do but I'm not sure it'll be as easy next season as it may have been this.

I sincerely hope we do but I'm not sure it'll be as easy next season as it may have been this.
    Next season will have Southend, newly taken over Grimsby, Wrexham and Chesterfield aswell as two from Hartlepool, Stockport and Torquay so it will be far from easy. Parachute payments have been lost now too!!

I hear people say that the National League has got worse over the years compared to the days when Luton, Lincoln and Mansfailed were winning it.

No idea if true but I'd be more concerned by a Hartlepool , Wrexham and Stockport next season than anyone coming down. Very rare anyone bounces back up at the first attempt according to the history books.

It will be a mammoth task with little prep time and in my humble opinion we need a huge rebuilding - at least 2/3 good defenders, a completely new,more energetic , attacking and ball winning midfield and at least two proven strikers whilst ridding the club of at least 10 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Play offs are crap mate, we have been in 6 now, and only won 2
    That's actually a decent ratio, many a side has a 0% success rate

In other words clearing out most of Ardleys crap

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's actually a decent ratio, many a side has a 0% success rate
    really ??

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast