+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Manager Appointments & Dismissals 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Strong rumours that the Morecambe Manager Stephen Robinson is in advanced talks to join St Mirren
    Might be managerless tomorrow
    Not sure that’s a good thing for us

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Not sure that’s a good thing for us
    I disagree topsy, the only time it's never a good thing is when you are playing a team who have just installed a new manager.
    The Morecambe players will have a feeling of uncertainty about themselves at the moment which is good for us, however, if their manager stays then that wouldnt be good for us as the relief from the players could spur them on a bit. UTM

It’s still sad for them. Adams left them to go to Bradford after they’d been promoted and that didn’t help him (or Bradford) whereas Morecambe are still battling to stay up, and, tomorrow excepted, I hope they get enough points.

I like Morecambe. They are a small fish in a large pond, which reminds me of us in the Championship.

I think it’s about time that Managers were subject to a transfer window, like the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    It’s still sad for them. Adams left them to go to Bradford after they’d been promoted and that didn’t help him (or Bradford) whereas Morecambe are still battling to stay up, and, tomorrow excepted, I hope they get enough points.

I like Morecambe. They are a small fish in a large pond, which reminds me of us in the Championship.

I think it’s about time that Managers were subject to a transfer window, like the players.
    Yes agree with that, it should be given a try

Derek Adams back to Morecambe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I disagree topsy, the only time it's never a good thing is when you are playing a team who have just installed a new manager.
    The Morecambe players will have a feeling of uncertainty about themselves at the moment which is good for us, however, if their manager stays then that wouldnt be good for us as the relief from the players could spur them on a bit. UTM
    The new manager syndrome worked on Saturday for Walsall, they installed Michael Flynn,
    then Walsall won at league 2 leaders Forest Green 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The new manager syndrome worked on Saturday for Walsall, they installed Michael Flynn,
    Wayne Hatswell has left Newport County by mutual consent, the coach asked to be
    released, which could mean he will re-join former Newport County Michael Flynn
    at Walsall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    It doesn't always work like that Elk but it does seem to have some effect, installing a new manager for a team playing poorly, even if it only works for 3 or 4 games. UTM

Stephen Robinson resigns has Morcambe manager, & becomes Scottish
    club St Mirren manager, taking the training today with St Mirren.
    Assistant manager Diarmuid O'Carroll also leaves Morcambe to join
    Stephen Robinson at St Mirren.

Morcambe name goalkeeping coach Barry Roche in charge of tonight's
    fixture at Rotherham United.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 22-02-2022 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    It doesn't always work like that Elk but it does seem to have some effect, installing a new manager for a team playing poorly, even if it only works for 3 or 4 games. UTM
    It didnt work for us in Stubbs' season!!

Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast