+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool not spending big sums pre season....has the spending bubble burst?

Liverpool not spending big sums pre season....has the spending bubble burst?

Looks like Liverpool are going for some cheaper options close season. I see they have captured the signing for the ex young Aberdeen right back Calvin Ramsay for £4.5m. There are add ons as always with a 20% selling on fee but this is a relatively low purchase price by their usual standards.

Couple this to the other signing of Fulham forward Fulham forward Fabio Carvalho for £5m and again it's not a lot of lay out.

Maybe they’ve got a very good scouting system and see potential in the lad

Err so you don’t think Darwin Nunez at 64 million is a large sum ?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Err so you don’t think Darwin Nunez at 64 million is a large sum ?
    MT, I did initially include him in my original post as an exception but changed my mind and removed him, as I wanted to emphasise the point that they had acquired two very low priced players, in relation to their normal spending powers.

Yes Nunez is an exception and I expected someone to pick up on that but, it looks as if we shouldn’t expect to see three or even four prices like that again going by the two relatively cheap purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MT, I did initially include him in my original post as an exception but changed my mind and removed him, as I wanted to emphasise the point that they had acquired two very low priced players, in relation to their normal spending powers.

Yes Nunez is an exception and I expected someone to pick up on that but, it looks as if we shouldn’t expect to see three or even four prices like that again going by the two relatively cheap purchases.
    Should you change the title to 'Liverpool not spending big sums pre season accept for big sums....has the spending bubble burst?'

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Should you change the title to 'Liverpool not spending big sums pre season accept for big sums....has the spending bubble burst?'
    No…. but I agree it could have been worded better in relation to the relatively cheap purchases.
    Last edited by Brin; 17-06-2022 at 08:00 AM.

No…. but I agree it could have been worded better in relation to the relatively cheap purchases.
    What about

Apart from the big sum they spent on one player Liverpool are not spending big sums pre-season....Has the spending bubble burst?

😎🤣😂🤣😂

LOL, is this a joke?

You might as well have made a post about "Liverpool hasn't signed a single player", and then just left out all the signings as they don't suit your narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    What about

Apart from the big sum they spent on one player Liverpool are not spending big sums pre-season....Has the spending bubble burst?
    ......... and if Bellingham becomes available they'd definitely find another £80m+ down the back of the sofa but on the whole their bubble does seem to have burst.

Chelsea have just been purchased for £4.25b so they obviously have no intention of competing and let's not forget Newcastle who would probably spend a billion tomorrow if they could attract players to the North East.

Yep, the bubble has well and truly burst.

I reckon it will be a record transfer window.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast