+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boro to use Wing in swap deal

Boro to use Wing in swap deal

Are Middlesborough willing to swap Lewis Wing in part of the deal to take Michael Smith to the Riverside? - External Link

Quote Originally Posted by Footymad View Post
    Are Middlesborough willing to swap Lewis Wing in part of the deal to take Michael Smith to the Riverside? - External Link
    If we're going to lose Smudge I'd be happy to see Wing here with the right money adjustment in our favour

Yes so would I but I don't think Lewis or his agent would be.
    Plus he'd have to take about a 70% pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Yes so would I but I don't think Lewis or his agent would be.
    Plus he'd have to take about a 70% pay cut.
    Possible that the two clubs could work that as an exit bonus amount to wing as part of the deal (if it happens, which I'm not sure it will)

He’s a better player than division 1 but if he wants to play every week & get paid every week then yes.

Be a steal on them if we did.

Typical Footymad. This "news" is about 2 weeks old!

....does Lewis Wing know??????

Forget this one. There is a small matter of wages.Even if he was willing to drop down a league to play for us there is no way we could afford his wages. Please factor this into any potential transfer dealings folks. Unless they are being extremely generous to us/ Knacked or back end of their career we have no chance of getting anyone above L1 status apart from loan maybe even then. We would and did struggle to get champ players even when we were in it cos of wage issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Forget this one. There is a small matter of wages.Even if he was willing to drop down a league to play for us there is no way we could afford his wages. Please factor this into any potential transfer dealings folks. Unless they are being extremely generous to us/ Knacked or back end of their career we have no chance of getting anyone above L1 status apart from loan maybe even then. We would and did struggle to get champ players even when we were in it cos of wage issues.
    My reading of the situation Roly is that we loan Wing for the season, with Boro paying the majority of his wage. That allows Boro to get Smith for the £650k they've allegedly offered instead of the £1m we've supposedly asked for.

What none of us on here know (please shout up if otherwise), is whether Wing would be happy to go along with the arrangement. Financially he'd be unaffected but of course would be plying his trade a level down from his obvious capabilities. He loved his stint here and gets on great with Warne. But so did Kieffer Moore so that counts for nowt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast