+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wooton

I appreciate your frustration sailor boy but is it necessary to act like a five year old every time you have a drink?

I don’t really rate Wooton. The fact he’s our main/only striker in this league is a big reason as to why we’re still in it.

TBH I don’t think he’ll be here next season and in a way I’m hoping he won’t be.

It's criminal he ended up being our main/only striker but he's definitely good enough to be one of our main strikers next season. He's a big man, a target man to a degree so I'm happy with his goal return I believe his lack of support is the much bigger reason we're still in this league. We relied far too heavily on Wootton.

Wootton is unfortunately having the lead the line on his own. Last year when he had Thomas and Dennis next to him, we scored for fun, this year who has he had up with him? Knowles? We need at least 2 new strikers in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Wootton is unfortunately having the lead the line on his own. Last year when he had Thomas and Dennis next to him, we scored for fun, this year who has he had up with him? Knowles? We need at least 2 new strikers in the summer
    This is my thought also. To slag off Wootton is unbelievable to me. He’s had a good season and worked tirelessly for the team without the support around him that Thomas or Dennis provided last year and was not replaced. Knowles and Sam are not it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Agree completely. Wootton has scored 34 goals (17 in both) across 2 seasons and some want him gone.
    I understand we are all massively frustrated but wanting our top scorer sent on his way is bonkers, especially as he provides so much more to the team than goals.
    I for one hope we have him next season, and thank I understand he is under contract.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I don’t really rate Wooton. The fact he’s our main/only striker in this league is a big reason as to why we’re still in it.
    Agree 100%. Not mobile enough, doesn't run the channels. no movement across the back 4. Need a livewire centre forward. Not just todays game as already said on a fred earlier this year I would let him go

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Agree 100%. Not mobile enough, doesn't run the channels. no movement across the back 4. Need a livewire centre forward. Not just todays game as already said on a fred earlier this year I would let him go
    Give your heads a wobble. You seriously want to get rid of one of the most committed players in the squad who consistently scores near 20 goals a season at this level?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Awful today but can't complain at 17 goals this season (plus 2 more in the FA Tinpot). Without his contribution we'd have been much further down the table. Last season he bagged 13, so he's improved in a sense, but most of the goals came in the first half of the campaign.
    For the second half he was the only striker we had.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast