+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland wont take the knee

Scotland wont take the knee

Clarke has confirmed Scotland will not take the knee England, could this be the beginning of the end for this shameful and divisive act?

The players linking arms has been suggested to unite against racism wouldnt this be a better way for everyone?

How about doing what they get paid for. Play football and stop with the gestures altogether. Taking the knee, linking arms whatever. It doesn’t make a blind bit of difference and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Clarke has confirmed Scotland will not take the knee England, could this be the beginning of the end for this shameful and divisive act?

The players linking arms has been suggested to unite against racism wouldnt this be a better way for everyone?
    To be honest I didnt personally mind the taking of the knee, simply because it keeps 'Racism in football' in the minds of people. However, I believe for a lot of people it is associated with politics and the BLM movement which doesnt go down well, and I do agree that the linking arms would be a better way of highlighting it. UTM

To be honest this gesture didn’t have any end game,they got abit lucky with it when it started and was on live on Americanised sky tv in front of no fans and got a bigger profile across the board…but it wasn’t going to last ever without a negative reaction.but then they was never going to pull it full scale because it would look like defeat….as ever no-one thinking about the long game…to me we had the kick out it campaign in football.which had a perfect balance which was no so in your face but still got it’s message across…
    Last edited by clarkey1974; 11-06-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I don't think so.

"Wokeism" is a Marxist attack on all popular culture, and indeed on the very concept of "having fun".

Everything has to be serious and political and "important".

Miserable people who want everyone to be similarly miserable.

I thing taking the knee has run its course, a statement has been made over a period
    of time, by doing it.
    If fans were asked to do it when the football stadiums open up, I would not do it.

In fact if I got down, someone would have to get me up, or I would have to climb
    up my seat to stand up.

I get the feeling that they've got the message across but, they are now voicing it all the time and what has resulted? booing, because they've over egg'd the situation.

I have quite a few black friends and they are in agreement that using the knee is no longer sending a message but merely causing more antagonism. Yes we all have to respect each other but, the power of the microphone on TV is just one way audibles and it's causing more backlash now, that was heard a few weeks earlier.

Linking of arms won't change dot, it's just holding up the start of the game that will inevitably cause more backlash. If only ignorance towards black people would go away but sadly it never will no matter how people try, such is today's disrespecting society.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I don't think so.

"Wokeism" is a Marxist attack on all popular culture, and indeed on the very concept of "having fun".

Everything has to be serious and political and "important".

Miserable people who want everyone to be similarly miserable.
    There I was, feeling miserable as hell while reading Marx's book "Wokeism Today", and then I read your post and, hey, I feel great. Thanks gf!

English players discuss and reach an agreement that they want to show their support for anti-racism by taking the knee.

Scottish players do the same but decide that their preferred action to support anti-racism is linking arms.

This action is then taken in a 10 second delay at the start of a football match.

I'd suggest that booing, or outrage on a message board at the footballer's choice of action, or anger/outrage at Scotland for not taking the knee is simply a product of an extremist point of view on either side of the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    English players discuss and reach an agreement that they want to show their support for anti-racism by taking the knee.

Scottish players do the same but decide that their preferred action to support anti-racism is linking arms.

This action is then taken in a 10 second delay at the start of a football match.

I'd suggest that booing, or outrage on a message board at the footballer's choice of action, or anger/outrage at Scotland for not taking the knee is simply a product of an extremist point of view on either side of the debate.
    Huge respect for Scotland on this subject

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast